• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Early morning sessions Vs breakfast

S

sutts

First of all props to everyone for all the info you can find lurking here, makes for great reading at work

Bit of background - have weight trained on and off for about 3 years, but very half-assed with no real plan. Started Stronglifts 5x5 about 3 weeks ago and realize last 3 years a total waste of time. 6'2, 91kg, play Aussie Rules

My dilemma is that I train early morning before work, generally 6-7am.
This doesnt really give me time for brekky in the mornings, so I am training on empty stomach with couple scoops noxplode and a postworkout shake followed by come cereal. - before you all cringe after reading up on this site will be mixing own supps as soon as tub finished :)

My main question is how important is it to get something in before the workout? Am I shooting myself in the foot?

Very important. Even if it is a quick shake blended with some oats. Wait 30 mins then train. I know you probably have to get up a bit earlier but it'll be worth it.

Shrek speaks truth.

You need some carbs/fat to power your workout, and some protein to feed all those muscles you're murdering.

You can even eat just before your workout, after all digestion can still happen during it, only thing then is you'll have to leave squats and deadlifts till last or else you'll be doing half a dozen reps of Chuck-Ups. But on the whole it's better to give it some time... :)

i also train at 6am, i have a protein shake at 4.45am and then about 50g of waxy maize with my pre workout drink(no explode) at 5.30, works well for me

Good on you guys for training early. I start work around 7am so for me to train early i would have to get up at 3.30. Not gonna happen.