• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Multivitamins

J

Josh_GTiR

I bet this has been covered here before, but upon a search I couldn't find a thread that answers my questions.

I have been taking a Multi Vitamin for some time now. I started using a Multi Vitamin by Syn-Tec that seemed pretty good. I did have one problem with the product, it was sooooo bloody expensive. (~$50 for 60 tabs!)

This to me was a rip off!! I then started using Blackmores Men's Performance Multi - Blackmores which I thought was alot better value at ~$35 for 100 tabs.

I have just run out of the above product and would like to see what everyone else is using for a Multi Vitamin. I am probably going to get some more Blackmore's Men's Performance Multi, though if there are better alternatives out there or a cheaper priced multi please let me know.

I use the Blackmores Women's performance Multi which costs me $30 for 100 tabs. (bought from Chemist warehouse when on special)

Also use a Cenovis MultiV.

Have compared the stats on both of these multiV's, they're pretty equivalent, Cenovis is cheaper though.

Sorry can't help more.

Even after comparing the Multi Vitamins of Blackmore's to Syn-Tec Multi Vitamins, there is not a great difference.

sounds good to me i used to use the swisse mulivites but im not sure how good they are?

well maybe for everyday use but not for if your working out and keeping fit...

OK, what I am actually trying to get at is what Multi's does everyone use? I am just asking as there may be something out there for the same price as the Blackmores stuff but possibly better?

Along with Mult's I use fish oil caps too.

Josh, I extensively researched multiV's as well. I looked up reports comparing quality and price. I searched for this topic relentlessly on BB forums. Then I realised I was suffering from "paralysis from analysis" ie. overthinking. Now I just get whatever basic one is cheap at the moment. Same with fish oils.

Hope this helps!

I use fresh fruit and vegies, nuts and beans.

Hey, you asked. :p

yea same.. i don't use fruits, but i use Veggies, nuts and beans.
I use Vitamin C tablets but other than that, none.

Animal Pak seems to be a bit of an overkill with its doses.. well for a little dude like me anyway.

yer but sometimes u dont have the time to prep all these tasty treats thats where the multi's come into play....

I take cenovis mens multi. Its cheap only ten dollars for a month. Currently Ive got a four month bottle and it only cost me 15 dollars.

sorry to bring up such an old topic, again. couldnt locate anything after a search on this.
anyone else taking any other multiv?
just wanna get more options thats it.

im atm taking centrum; but after reading what seems to be a 'better' deal for athlete/bber or anyone with very very active lifestyle, centrum or any supermarket shelves multiv dont seem to provide what bb (myself) require.

aprt from heaps of fruits/vegies daily (mind you, i consume at least 2 brocolli or more a day) i belive a good multiv covers a good solid base in our system. what u guys reckon ?

983.pic.multi.jpg

350_Eagle_TresosBPluSe.jpg

Look for these..

hey noob, where u get those multi from? havent seem em' ard melb so just wondering do u get those online ?

They are practitioner only medicaiton so you will have to ask for them specifically from health food stores, however online might be cheaper..

I paid $18.50 for for the tresos b 50 tablets the other day but that is with discount from shop at my college so im nots sure how much they are in shops? maybe 25?-30?

Well worth it...

Good man, thats the one without selenium.

People have to learn the difference between RDI and OPTIMAL intake..

RDI is designed to prevent DEFFICIENCY BASED DISEASE ONLY! Like scurvey ect...

Optimal is far from that. RDI for vit c is like 35mg or some shit. i consume 4-6000mg bit of a difference eh?

OK, what I am actually trying to get at is what Multi's does everyone use? I am just asking as there may be something out there for the same price as the Blackmores stuff but possibly better?

Along with Mult's I use fish oil caps too.

I use two multi-vitamins

opti-men by optimum nutrition 180 tabs for $55 - this multi is specifically formulated for active males and contains amino and immune boosters that would make it better than blackmores

orange triad by controlled labs 270 tabs for $60 - you take more than one pill at a time and it contains a huge range of vitamins and minerals, joint support, immune boost and digestive aid. Also a lot better than blackmores.

These are the best prices that I have seen these products at... If you don't know where to find them I bet you could pay a lot more.