• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Strength training for women

PTC

I am new to this website, I am a moderator on another site, but one of my clients alerted me to the fact that some of my newsletters are circulating on here.

Anyway, I noticed you have a womens section, fantastic. I own a strength and conditioning gym in Frankston, and I have stack of girls lifting there. My wife is 44 and very strong and healthy, I also have 3 daughters (2 sons) so training women is very important to me.

The first thing I stress to girls that start at PTC is that they will not get huge lifting huge weights, unless they take steroids. I am lucky in that I have my wife as an example.

At 58kg she benches 75kg and squats 105kg, deadlifts 127.5kg. These are pretty good weights for an old woman, and she is tiny. She can also do 16 wide grip chins from a dead hang.

I have other girls lifting there that are quite strong and extremely feminine.

Brittany deadlifts 135kg
Amanda deadlifts 130kg
Annie deadlifts 120kg
Brittany benches 52.5kg
Vicky benches 51kg at 57kg bodyweight and 36yo
Vicky squats 75kg
Nina powercleans 57.5kg

I have over 25 female clients and everyone of them can do Ukrainian deadlifts of 32cm blocks with a 64kg KB.

They vary in age from 14 to 60. The 60yo has benched 42.5kg.

I'm sorry to say that treadmills and bikes will not alter your physiques. Diet will shed fat, but if you want nice legs, ass and shoulders, you have to force the muscles to change with hard work.

I have had 4 female PT's come and do a session at PTC, they came because friends that train here told them how hard they train, so they came to see.

None got through the sessions and ever came back.

Its pretty diheartening when you see a 14 yo girl or 44yo woman smash my cardio session and a so called fitness professional fail to pick a 64kg KB off the floor. She actually thought she was being punked.

This thread is not to blow my own horn or my gyms, its simply to alert you to the fact that you need to lift heavy weights and get strong to change your appearance. Then eat clean to shed the layer of fat.

Cheers

Markos

Markos

Your wife Nina is an inspiration to all women out there.

I've enjoyed reading your newsletters (read all of them in the space of two days - it was like reading a good book!) If only I lived near Frankston! (I'm in Sydney)

Thanks for the tips.

I'd love to be able to one day bench press my weight...
that link doesn't work for me

I love the way this forum is run and moderated, I dont want to step on any toes by promoting my business, thats why I havent added a link or mentioned my website in any post.

I only came on here because a client notified me that my newsletters were being talked about on this forum, I didnt know it existed.

I am a moderator on another site and spend most of my time there, though I have to admit I quite like this forum very much.

For those that want to check out the newsletters, you can view all 73 of them at my website