• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Where Do I start?

D

dixon

I'm new to the world of bodybuilding/weight trainning, so here 's my question for the members of Australian BodyBuilding, what is the quickest way to build up everything, like abs, legs etc

thanks for the help

Dixon
I am also new here but I would say the quickest way is for heavy as you can but while performing strict routines.
Now maybe there will be a lot of people with different ideas and it is up to you to pick out of it all something that works for you....Oh and I did neglect to mention the most importan thing......food. Not eating the right thing will slow down any process no matter how heavy the weights are that you are pushing

go for compound moves using free weights, That means moves like squats, lunges, bench press, deadlift etc, and not worry too much about those machines that isolate a tiny little muscle here and there. Do each move as correctly and intensely as you can. Work hard, but give yourself time to recover before you do it again

Sup dixon,
I'm not the most knowlegable person on the matter but i am a qualified trainer... My advice to you would be to keep it simple while starting off.... First thing is first you need to asses your diet... If your a skinny prick like me naturally then roughly go off a diet consisting of:
2500+ calories
40% carbs ( bread, rice, pasta, noodles, potato, and other veggies) whole grain is the best
40%protein ( meat!!! fish, nuts, protein shake maybe) keep in mind red meat is high in saturated fats though)
20%fat (olive oil, flax seed oil, nuts, some from meats obviously)

Next is your routine... remember if you keep it simple its easier to stick too... exercise each body part 3 days a week in order of priority.... so lets say you more interested in upper body for the purpose of this routine...
stretch and warm up for 5-10 mins before you start. work out shouldn't really go for longer than 1 hour.
Bench press 3x12reps
Shoulder press 3x12
Squats 2x8
rows 3x12 (basically reverse benchpress)
bicep curls 4x12
tricep extension 2x15
leg extension 2x10
hamstring curls 2x10
abbs 3x20

This isn't the perfect program but it should give u a solid base to start off! Generally untrained people see results within 3 weeks and then more drastic results after 12weeks... if you haven't got a spotter take it easy with the amount of weight you use. Form is more important then weight. Exercises should be done slowly and in a way that you have complete control. I hope this all makes sense!

thanks for the help guys , yeah i am slightly underweight currently working on getting the weight up

the info will come in great use "ezza almighty", while i do know that you shouldn't just focus on the upper body but the way that it stands at the moment i'm not too worried about the lower half so i think i'll give your routine a burl

One thing I forgot to mention try to spread your calories out over 6 meals a day 5 mininmum (but make the last one close to when you go to sleep) maybe an hour or so before, Milk is a brilliant thing if you couldn't be bothered with protein powders, drink up to 2L a day 2% fat casein milk if ur having trouble meeting your cal/protein quota. I think off hand 2 Litres of milk has up to 100G protein and it's easy enough to drink 600-1000ml at a time. If your not gaining weight each week add 250calories to your daily intake.

Iezza almighty said:
Sup dixon,
I'm not the most knowlegable person on the matter but i am a qualified trainer...

Bench press 3x12reps
Shoulder press 3x12
Squats 2x8
rows 3x12 (basically reverse benchpress)
bicep curls 4x12
tricep extension 2x15
leg extension 2x10
hamstring curls 2x10
abbs 3x20

This isn't the perfect program

Oh my - if you are a qualified trainer, I am scared. I do agree you are not the most knowledgable person however...

Any reason why you recommend more sets on bicep curls than any other exercise, and half that amount of sets on squats???

I 100% agree with your last statement about your program.

Dixon - please do not listen to this advice.