• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Creatine what you need to know

E

epicsupplements

From reading these threads i can see why creatine isint working. Nobody is taking it properly, Monohydrate needs to be taken with at least 30-40g of fast acting glucose with a GI of over 100. This is to promote a spike of insulin and drive the creatine effectively into the cells. Another factor is the ability of the body to absorb monohydrate, if any of you have ever taken creatine with water you will understand this. Simply put, it is poorly absorbed by the body on its own and especially with cold water. So the best way is to have it at body temp, 37 degrees. This way the walls of the stomach and intestines are more permeable to the creatine and this practice also increases rate of absorption as the stomach doesn't need to warm the water up. This is why products like Muscle Tech 'Cell Tech' have excessive amounts of maltodextrose and are advised to be drank with room temp water. This way you dont need to load it and it shouldn't upset your gut.
Furthermore what does everyone think creatine actually does? It only makes more creatine phosphate avalibale in the ATP-Pcr cycle of anaerobic power. So you may get an extra couple of reps out, And yes you do build up at tolerance to it. This is why its always advised to cycle 6-8weeks on 4 weeks off.
Remeber this is the most widely researched supplement ever, and has been proven time and time again in clinical studies. Furthermore it is the only supplement endorsed by the Australian Institute of sport.

Can you just take something sweet with the creatine? Like chocolate or something? Glucose is the basic building block of energy in all foods. Also, i sometimes get a little light headed when i take creatine. Just enough to notice but not actually have any negative effects (i hope).

yes it is but there are other additives in these products that will compete for the absorption of creatine. As for the lightheaded feelings, probably a lack of water intake, remember creatine has negative side effects when not used properly such as diarrhea, cramps and so forth so drink plenty of water.