• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Creatine - Mono or Effervescent?

E

EdCid

As per title, which (in general opinion) is better. From what I can gather the only difference is the eff. is mono with added dextrose, flavouring, colouring and preservatives.

I've tried both (same brand - balancesports I think) and found that with mono I had to mix it with something, ie. gatorade/powerade. So for convenience I found the eff. better. BUT, is it just as good? Is the mono in it the same quality.

Now that I started on protein is it worth buying mono and mixing it in with the shake? Or should I stick to the eff. in room temp. water?

I ask cause I just finished my tub of Eff. (thank god, got sick of the lime/lemon flav. after a week!) and am off to buy another.

Cheers all!

Ed

Mono and dextrose or take it with grape juice, forget the effervescent stuff.

Last edited:
yea, i'm not sure on effervescent.

Mono is something with a lot of supporting studies.
If you can find reasonable study supporting effervescent, then i say go for it.. but i doubt you will.

And you can just stack the tasteless Mono with a protein shake post WO.

But the eff. has mono in it? As far as the ingredients read the eff. just has added dextrose and colours, etc but the main ingredient is the mono?

But the eff. has mono in it? As far as the ingredients read the eff. just has added dextrose and colours, etc but the main ingredient is the mono?

yes. mono is still what your getting if you buy eff. but you pay extra so it is a pretty colour and has a taste that you can (and in your case did) get tired of.

Dude, just go the mono and add it to your shake.