• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

L-carnatine

domo87

hey guys,

i'm looking to buy some L-carnatine as a mate recommeded it to be useful in losing the body fat.

i'm basically looking for a product that will help me lose the body fat and not lose muscle

L-Carnitine may help a little, do not expect miracles though.
Green tea / L-Taurine / L-Tyrosine combo may help along with the L-Carnitine.

One tip- be prepared for the smell if you want to try it.

Honestly don't think it made any difference when I used it. If you use a protein shake designed for fat loss it will usually be incorporated into the ingredients.

One tip- be prepared for the smell if you want to try it.

Honestly don't think it made any difference when I used it. If you use a protein shake designed for fat loss it will usually be incorporated into the ingredients.

I didnt mind the smell too much. its just very vinagery i think. mix it with pinnapple juice :)

and a fat burning protein powder will be a rip-off mate. i would buy a thermo before messing with my good old plain protein!

If you end up buying LCarnitine I recommend having it on an empty stomach, before you exercise. Then replenishing after your workout.

I've used carnitine before and I don't think it actually helps burn fat so to speak. I feel it definately does increase your energy though which may increase your ability to burn fat through extra exercise and activity. I actually found personally that carnitine stimulates my brain activity and I concentrate alot better at work if I take a bit in the morning.

Maybe try some CLA for something a bit different (it is advertised to promote lean mass and reduce body fat i.e. your criteria). I've just got a bottle now and have only been using it for 3 or 4 days so far, so it's too early to report. You can check it out here though and it's quite cheap:

Physical Evolution - Amino Acids - PrimaForce Max CLA - 180 softgels

Do a bit of research and see what you reckon. I got it really cheap so I thought it couldn't hurt to give it a go. I'm cutting at the moment and I'm also drinking alot of green tea to try and help things along.