• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bulk Whey Protein?

betcats

I didnt know you could get this.

Is all the bulk whey protein unflavoured? and does that mean it actually has no flavour when added to water?

Also is all the bulk whey protein they same? if not can you please recommend some good ones.

Sorry about the noob questions and thanks for any help.

Good question. I would also like to know the answer. I'm about to run out of my over priced Protein and I'm thinking of getting the bulk stuff.

Would also be keen to know what kind of flavour enhancers you can mix into it (assuming it tastes rank).

S-B

yes it is always unflavoured but most of them sell flavour boosters. Bulk WPC does not taste too bad unflavoured, it has a creamy taste, WPI is worse.

WPC is fine. Use it as a base for shakes etc if you are bothered about taste.

This morning I had

250mls Ski Yoghurt Tropical
200mls Oat Milk
Small handful of Frozen Sara Lee 3 berry mix
2 scoops of unflavoured WPC whey.

Verdict: Most excellent.

Who has protein powders in other than shakes? None of you eat 'em raw, do you?

Years ago I put them in pancakes... Great for the weekend workout, big breakfast of protein pancakes (50/50 mix of SR flour and PP), rest for an hour, then off to the gym :D

I've had protien pancakes ive made up before, nice treat on the weekend as Kyle said, i have also had scoops in weetbix. I also buy quick oats, 30 gram packets and have these in shakes if i am out of time for breakfats.
AZZA

10 lbs of ON Whey Protein is pretty sweet. It comes in chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, caramel and coffee. the strawberry flavour is good but the chocolate one is pretty weak though.

but i mix mine with oats anyway, so i don't need the greatest choc flavor out there.

Ok thanks, so i presume that all of the bulk wheys are pretty similiar?

it depends on the product. If you're talking about the same product, then yes it is the same...

300g small bottle of ON Whey is the same protein as in a 10 lbs sack of ON Whey.

But then you have different types of proteins.

Soy Protein (from soy)
Casein Protein (from milk)
Rice Protein (from rice)

but the more preferred ones tend to be:

Whey Protein mix (from whey)
Whey Protein Concentrate (from whey)
Whey Protein Isolate (high quality protein from whey)