• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Cycling] Starting Mountain Bike Orienteering

B

bluejay

i've bike riding for quite some time now , while i do own a mountain bike (trek 3700 hardtail) what i do i wouldn't call it mountain biking , mainly i just stick to shared paths and a little bit off road around the bushland , nothing to hardcore the path i stick to are quite easy on the bike and on me

but lately i have been hearing a bit about mountain bike orienteering, it looks quite a fun sport to get into

So that is why i am here , I'm looking into starting mountain bike orienteering in victoria. so i'm after some bits of advice:

Firstly, anyone here participate in this sport of mountain bike orienteering?

Secondly, looking for an average bike to start using, would my current bike (trek 3700) stand upto the demands of the sport?, Any suggestions you can give me would be greatly appreciated

Look forward to any responses.

Thanks
bluejay

during events i haven't noticed any particular bike style being more popular than the other

Most Mountain Bike Orienteering paths are recognisable tracks(trails and firebreaks) going off the path and going cross-country is a violation of the rules, so as to make the course more fair and also to preserve the enviroment

So as long as your bike can handle a few bumps it should be quite adequate. So a kmart bike it out of the question

I've generally found orienteers to be really friendly and helpful. The MTBO convenor in your state might be the best person to start with.

Orienteering Australia is a federation of 7 State Associations.

ACT: Orienteering ACT: www.act.orienteering.asn.au
NSW: New South Wales Orienteering Association: www.nsw.orienteering.asn.au

NT: Orienteering Northern Territory: www.topend.nt.orienteering.asn.au

QLD: Orienteering Queensland: www.oq.asn.au

SA: Orienteering Association of South Australia: www.sa.orienteering.asn.au

TAS: Orienteering Tasmania: www.tasorienteering.asn.au

VIC: Orienteering Victoria: www.vicorienteering.asn.au

WA: Orienteering Western Australia: www.wa.orienteering.asn.au