• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Keto Dieting for Powerbuilding

PowerBuilder

For quite a while now, I've been on a keto diet, both for adding muscle mass & fat loss. I did this after extensive research & coming to the conclussion that it's an optimal way of living.

it's actually a topic i could talk about for hours & hours. it's something i'd actually like to produce somewhat of a media platform for bodybuilders & powerlifters, promoting the benefits of having a high fat / lower carb diet...most of the time.

But anyway...would anybody like to see my diet? is this actually the right place to post it, or should i chuck it somewhere else?!

well i think it is possible i am sensitive to carbs too. I eat anything carb related and i blow up in 2 minutes flat full of fluid or fat... and 3 of my other siblings, my mother and my grandmother are all carb sensitive, anything with carbs makes them feel sick. sorry for the hi-jack PB.

Maybe you and PB should try Carb Cycling.
I had a good article on Carb Cycling somewhere or just google it.

Last edited:
I like the idea behind keto dieting. It would be difficult to stick to though. Easier if you lived alone though. Other people have a huge effect on the food you eat at least thats what I have found.

Cool, people are actually interested in keto bulking AND fat loss.

I think it's absolutely possible to do it for strength gains, fat loss, 'bulking up' & maintaining your composition.

I haven't chosen this life style, as a result of being sensitive to carbs, I actually don't get fat that easily. Most of my life i've been fairly lean..it was only a small gap when i had a few life events that i let things get ontop of me that meant I got softer.

After reading about concepts such as paleolithic nutrition, the anabolic / metabolic diet, dave palumbo's diet & other low carb / high fat type diets & reading the references...and their references...that i was sold to the whole concept.

My meals are actually taking longer & longer for me to cook..and eat. Some anyways...

Meal 1 - 40g whey (isolate), mixed with a fiber supplement + 25g peanut butter
Meal 2 - 45g tin tuna + 100g lettuce + sliced red onion + baby tomatoe + 25g macaadamian nuts
Meal 3 - 6 egg whites + 3 or 4 yolk
Meal 4 - 100g grilled chicken breast with the above veggies + 25g of macaadamian nuts
Meal 5 - As above
Train
Meal 6 - As meal 2
Meal 7 - As meal 1

Because we're all geneticlly different, we all handle carbs differently. The above diet works great for me, my insulin levels are always even, i don't get energy slumps, i don't retain tons of water. Come the weekend, I can eat whatever i want, as long as i keep my protein intake up, my carbs high & my fats low.