• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Speedy Metabolism.

D

Dan86

Hey guys, have looked on the net and can't seem to find my answer. Sorry to be a newbie and to be asking questions like this (seems like thats all I'm here for).

Basically, I have an exceptionally fast metabolism. My question is this: Is my fast metabolism allowing my body to fully 100% break down food for nutrients/protein before processing it? Or is my fast metabolism somewhat a super metabolism where nutrients and proteins are rapidly broken down?

In the last few months I have really stepped up my training, and have easily doubled my food intake throughout an average day, so am just a little bit curious as to whether this is neccessary or if I should cut down the food intake a little bit.

Thanks,

Dan

Oh to be young again!
I was once like you.I could eat anything and burn it off straight away.
Beer,pizzas,fish and chips the lot.I was never sick and always felt at
the top of my game because i was getting the most out of everything
that i ate.Is this the same for you?If so you are extracting every last
bit of nutrition out of your food.
If you have a high metabolism and feel like crap there is something to
worry about.
On the down side I could eat and eat and eat and not bulk up an ounce
because I burnt it so quickly.That doesn`t mean you can`t, i didn`t have
the dough,the knowledge or the resources back then.

I eat a fair bit, and yes - It does take a while for me to put weight on. I tend to lay off of the shit foods unless its desperate (except beer - thats a weekend treat now, in small amounts).

how many meals a day do you eat
and what do those meals consist of

is your goal to put on weight and you believe your metabolism is stopping you?

wow to have a fast metabolism. mine is slow. so very slow. which is weird because everyone else in my family has a fast one, but the other side of my family has a slow metabolism. i wish i got the mid way then i would have been a meso. but with a fast metabolism your body usually makes use of everything you eat, hence why you can remain lean. its like your body is constantly calling for anything just to nourish it.

yer i dont have a fast one either but then again i dont eat as much as i should for what im doin but then again im not trying to put on mass either, that aside i should still be eating more and cleaner, if u wanna put on mass u should probably up your food intake also are u using any supps? thats another thing you must think about...

My goal is indeed to put on weight, and am slowly increasing. I'm not after complete and utter muscle, more so just average size and ripped.

I eat 3 meals a day (and still have smaller 'snack meals'), but it varies quite a bit with what i eat. In between meals I normally have protein shakes, snack on tuna and rice or chicken. I've recently upped my food intake and started getting serious with training and am seeing weight increases which is good, but my question is moreso asking about whether or not my body fully processes nutrients before converting food to waste.