• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weight loss and breast feeding

trofius

HEy all just thought i would post this here, and see if anyone has any suggestions.

Since teh birth of my son 10 weeks ago , teh little mans has doubled in weigt packing on 3 full kg....

....At the expense of his mum..( and me) Yes she is happy, but how her body is loosing weight I feel is not right, she does not seem to be loosing a lot of excess fat, but rather she seems to be loosing muscle mass, she has also commented that she feels weeker, shoulders, arms neck, back noticbley smaller. It is not a huge issue, really, she isnt too skinny looking, but I was wondering would she be able to take protein powder to help maintain this, She is keen as to go to gym again, to build up but has to wait until bub is 16 weeks before the child minding will have him..

We have not been eating the best lately and this is obviously not been helping, as with the limited sleep.

So is protein powder a bad thing to have while breast feeding?

Personally if I was breastfeeding I would not have any supplements like protein powder (except for a good multivitamin and maybe fish oil). Could you encourage your partner to get her protein from egg whites, meat, fish, etc? You say that you have not been eating the best lately, unfortunately protein powder is no substitute for crappy eating. Try to eat whole natural foods first and see how your partner goes?

By the way, I completely forgot to say, congrats on the birth of your son, awww. :) He's a fast grower!

As Katie said get the extra cals from food until she is ready to go to gym again.
Not sure but is taking a protein powder while breast feeding ok?