• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Need some help with my diet

Shank

Hey guys,

I'm just starting out a bulking diet.

This is my current diet;

Breakfast :

Saltana bran with a bannana, 250 ml skim milk and a piece of toast with peanut butter (sultana bran until it runs out then ill get oats)

Snack : low fat cruskits x 4 (until runs out and will get regular), 6 slices of roasted chicken

Lunch: 2 cans of low fat greanseas chilli tuan in 4 sandwiches multigrain bread ( 8 slices)

Snack: Small – med sized red apple, and a serve of red grapes.

Post workout weight gainer shake in 300 ml + 100 ml water (musashi weight gainer)

Dinner : 1 cup of basmati rice with lean beef mince (around 200g) with capsicum onion and some other herbs and spices.

It is either this or a pork chop/ lamb chop or steak with some veggies and some times rice. Any suggestions to this plan more than welcome.

I have musashi weight gainer which i take with 250ml of skim milk + some water.

My intake needs to be around 3000 + to bulk doesn't it? (i am about 170 cm tall, 69kg and in customer service so on my feet most of the day)

I train weights 3 days a week and HIIT cardio 2 days or so.

Any suggestions of how i could change my current plan or add something in there to hit my required intake would be appreciated, if possible to not always feel full aswell as this makes me sleepy.

Cheers

i have been in this position and if i were you i would not be concerned about taking in too many calories, eat as much as possible and dont be afraid of fats, especially the good one's(mono-unsaturated), you should prolly increse your protein intake by having a pre workout shake and possibly another meal before bed like cottage cheese and tuna, you also need more protein in your breakfast and arvo snacks, like eggs or something, doing this alone will increase your daily caloric intake by alot, good luck.

edit: unfortunately feeling full and bulking go hand in hand intially, your body will get used it though providing you keep forcing yourself to eat.

Last edited:
i have been in this position and if i were you i would not be concerned about taking in too many calories, eat as much as possible and dont be afraid of fats, especially the good one's(mono-unsaturated), you should prolly increse your protein intake by having a pre workout shake and possibly another meal before bed like cottage cheese and tuna, you also need more protein in your breakfast and arvo snacks, like eggs or something, doing this alone will increase your daily caloric intake by alot, good luck.

(mono-unsaturated) - whats an example of this?

Pre work out shake of the weight gainer?

I have also been told to split up the shakes

1 scoop with breakfast

1scoop post workout

1 scoop before bed

should i change this to

1 with breakie

1 before workout

1 post workout?

Or was the first plan better?

yes you can have your weight gainer pre workout, the weight gaining part of your powder is only sugars basically, there is no reason why you cant have full servings when you want have a shake, and example of good fats coould be things like olive,flaxseed, coconut and Mct oil or any nuts and seeds

diet i used to use when bulking

aim to eat every 2.5-3hrs
sip on skim and almonds throughout the day to bump calorie intake

Diet:

Meal 1 (7 AM)
• 1 cup of oats with water/skim milk
• 1 banana
• 4 eggs
Supplements:
• 1 Multi Vitamin tab

Meal 2 (10 AM)
Weight gainer shake and 3 1200mg Flax caps

Meal 3 (12 Noon)
• brown rice or potato
• Veggie mix + spinach portion
• 170-220g of chicken/steak (bit less if you're eating tuna)

Meal 4 (3 PM)
Weight gainer shake and 3 1200mg Flax caps

Meal 5 (5:30 PM)
• brown rice or potato
• 170-220g of chicken/steak

Pre-Workout Supplements (6:30 PM)
• Weight gainer shake
• 200 mg Caffeine
• 5g creatine in juice

Weight Train (7 PM-8 PM)
Post Workout Supplements (8 PM)
• 2 scoops of whey and 60g of dextrose mixed with water. 5g creatine, 15g glutamine

Meal 6 (8:30 PM)
• brown rice or potato
• 170-220g of chicken/steak (bit less if you're eating tuna)

Meal 7 (10:30 PM)
• 250g of cottage cheese
• 3 1200mg Flax caps

Looks good but also looks expensive.

What can i do to my current plan to make it enough?

So am i supposed to be used full weight gainer servings each time ie 4 scoops?

Don't buy those sugary weight gainers, make you own. Buy bulk WPC and add your own carbs, oats are best.

Ok so i've adapted my diet to this;

Morning 4 oat bix ( i think they are called) with skim milk and 4 eggs

Mid morning: Bannana and apple

Lunch: pasta with sauve meet or rice and some form of meet

Snack: Maybe a sandwich with turkey slice or tuna OR cruskit x 4 with turkey slice

Post workout shake

Dinner: Rice With meat / Pasta

PM Meal: Somethign like a sandwich. (sometimes i miss this one)

Shake before sleeping.

How is this, how many calories on avg would i be hitting?

You can't know the calories without knowing the weight of all those things. But if you want to bulk, then if you are ever hungry then you are probably not eating enough.

Make sure to get some vegies in with those main meals, you need vitamins and minerals as well as protein, carbs and fats.

that depends on the exact quantities you are eating. weigh your food and go to calorieking or fitday to work it out.

Thanks for that, but on what i posted, apart from adding some veggies into it and actually weighing the food, how does the diet look

Fine, mate.

The human body is pretty resilient. Check out this photo gallery of what the world eats. All those people have very different diets, but none of them are about to drop dead.

So long as you have some fruit, some vegies, some beans and/or meat/fish, some dairy, some grain, exactly how much of each you have isn't a big deal. If you want to gain weight, make sure you never feel hungry. If you want to lose weight, you should often feel a bit hungry, though never starving.

In both cases, then go for a walk and lift iron :D