• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is drinking 8 glasses of water once the same as drinking it over a period of time?

kindred

Is drinking 8 glasses of water once a day the same as drinking it over a period of time?

Can I drink 8 glass in the morning and then forget about drinking? Or does it need to be taken accross the entire day?

take it across the entire day. I doubt you could drink 2L of water in 1 go anyway? and it probably wouldn't be good for your system (nor bladder)

Drinking lots of water at once can cause the brain to expand from water absorption.

I drink about 1L every meal with smaller quantities in between. You can probably drink them at the same time but I doubt it can be good for you. And Katie is right, its gonna make your bladder work overtime.

-Mike

your body can only absorb so much water at one time, cant remeber the figure but if you drink to much in one go the body will compensate for this by urination, thats why you night need to go to the toilet a couple of time after drinkin 1.5l in one go, for proper hydration you fluid intake should be spread out over the day

I once heard, that someone drowned from drinking too much water =/ not sure if this is true. anyone, correct me if I'm wrong

drowning from drinking too much water? is that possible? unless u mean drink soo much water that ur bellys overflowed with water? And fall over cos u cant move? haha

yes dying from to much water is true, it is called hyponatremia or water intoxification.
Water overdose dilutes vital salt levels in the blood.
Cells and organs then swell and increased pressure in the brain can result in the body shutting down.
Alot of doctors out there say drinking the standard rule of 8 glasses a day is excessive unless you do alot of sweating, the body is a pretty wicked machine, and feeling thirsty is supposed to be the sign to get a drink.