• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Does anyone suppliment with Garlic?

kindred

Im not sure if this should be in nutrition or suppliment. Anyway does anyone take garlic to help fend of sickness? Does it do the same thing dry as fresh? Is it ok to eat a bulb of garlic or will that overwhelm the system? Id rather take it as the bulb or what ever its called and not powdered. Has anyone had any experience with it and any possible side effects?

How much is too much? Can you od on garlic?

How much is too much? Can you od on garlic?

When my bro turned 18 we went to a italian restaurant. The bloke when he found out gave him this little dish of stinky ass garlic and olives.

I had one tablespoon and started to feel stoned.

True story.

Ive never heard that garlic makes you high. I heard it helps prevent colds and flus, thats about it.

Not as a supplement, but I cook with garlic all the time, because I like the taste.

We don't get sick much in my home, but I don't how much of that is garlic, and how much exercise, lots of fresh fruit and vegies, or what.

Just curious - why garlic? I know there are horseradish + garlic + Vit C tablets so you may be onto something. But eating that much garlic... ugh. I'd rather eat loads of fresh fruit and have the occasional Vit C tablet.

You can roast whole heads of garlic, bree, with a little oil. As with roasting onions, it takes the bitterness off, in fact the garlic gets a slightly nutty flavour.

Might be more palatable than raw...:)

Roasted garlic does sound more tasty, but I just swallow the cloves whole. You do have to be careful in clove selection though. Too big and you have a problem.