• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Creatine Non-responder?

S

singlesculler

Hi, i'v been giving creatine a try recently (plain mono) and not sure if its working for me or not. i dont feel like im hugely stronger or getting alot bigger in my muscle size. i know it isnt going to completely change my physique, but i expected more than this. i am making solid gains, but dont feel that its due to creatine. But there is no real way to tell is there? i guess i could drop it for a bit and see if i shrink lol.

so i guess my Q is should i drop it a see what happens. or go what the hell and just keep taking it. cant really hurt.

Thanks.

Ive tried 3 or 4 different kinds of creatine in different forms.
Never noticed an effect from it, waste of money for me.

How long you have you been taking it for?
I don't respond either but but it's one of the supps that has science to prove it works.

Last edited:
I respond. I have cycled once for 4 weeks plus training hard and bulking = 1.5kgs...one week later it was 1.25kgs.

Starting a new cycle on Sunday.

How long you have you been taking it for?
I don't respond either but but it's one of the supps that has science to prove it works.

Iv been on it for about 18weeks. i think i will drop it for a fortnight and see what happens. cant hurt.

it is possible that you dont use enough to get the gains you are expecting.
what dosage do you take and how often and how much exercise do you do?

I am also the same. I had a loading phase on Creatine (mono) and then proceeded to take 5g a day. Someone suggested to double that dose as mono is not absorbed as well? I just kept on dropping weight and was not getting any water retention, well I don't think I was.

I started at the same time as I was taking a Test Booster, so my results are probably a bit skewed.

i personally beleive that a minimum serving of 5gm pre and post workout is required,and two servings non training days, dont be scared and dont be too quick to say its crap or that you are a non responder, if it is not absorbed into the bloodstream it will exit through your urine, so it cannot hurt to increase your dosage to actually find out if it will work for you or not.

Yeah I am going to start taking 2x 5g a day from now on and see if I can get anything out of it.

What is the best Creatine to use?

prolly start with monohydrate as it does have scientific evidence to back it up, im not sure about the other types(creatine ethyl ester, tri creatine malate) although i have read about some people saying they work better for them, in theory they sound superior, as far as brands go most companies use the same creatine anyway(creapure), so prolly scout around and find the best deal you can.
ALN - Bulk Products
these guys sell 1 kg bags for $25 dollars, i dont think you will a better deal than that.

it is possible that you dont use enough to get the gains you are expecting.
what dosage do you take and how often and how much exercise do you do?
I take 5g every day, and sometimes an extra 5g pre and post workout. I train a fair bit. 4 weight sessions a week. (legs/chest/tri's & back/shoulders/biceps) 4 rowing sessions a week. that means high intensity continuose cardio for 1-2+ hrs. And a 1.5-2.5hr bike ride on sunday if i have time.

You may be right. i might bump up my dosage to about 15-20g per day in split doses.

from the performance side of thing your pre and post workout doses are the important ones

taking 20gms is not going to boost performance once saturation levels are reached.
Stick to 5gms or 10 at the most.