• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

critique please!

C

chris_bulking

I am 5'11", 83kilos, trying to gain lean mass as much as possible, sitting at about 14-15% (i know fat gains will come..put on about 10kilos so far).

- Breakfast *7am*

-> 2 x Ham, cheese, tomato toasted sandwiches, glass of milk (skim)
OR
-> 6 weat-bix, 2 pieces whole wheat toast with cheese and vegemite, WPI shake (Optimum Nutrition).

-10am
--> 1 decent serving (medium-large chinese take-away container things) of pasta and a juice.
or
--> 1 cup rice, 1-2 table spoons olive oil, protein shake

12-1pm
--> Some sort of lean meat sandwich, either steak/schnitzel + lettuce, tomato etc..the lot, sometimes on wheat bread sometimes foccacia
or
--> 1 cup rice, 1-2 table spoons olive oil, protein shake (don't repeat this meal if had it 2 hours prior).

Pre-workout
--> Try eat some sort of meal dependent on time of day..don't really know what should i eat directly pre workout, i try get in protein shake or something though.

Post workout.
--> Protein shake...need carbs here? (sometimes have 2 large cans tuna + 2 pieces bread)

Dinner.
--> Varies, although usually its lots of chicken with pumpkin or rice or potatoes etc or lean steak e.g t-bone with mixed veges/mash

Before bed:
- Casein Shake with 500mls skim OR Half tub cottage cheese (bit plain now..just got casein the other day).

-----Should i through in some peanut butter sandwiches just as little snacks?
-----I have just started eating nuts as snacks throughout the day here and there?

Im taking multivitamin + fish oil tablets.

Much appreciated!!

I do cheat occasionally, like lollies, chocolates, pancakes, tonight i had a whole wood fire oven pizza whilst watching the footy...lol

looks OK.

Ham does not have that much protein and is a fatty meat. whilst it tastes awesome is not as good as some other meats. also you need a real stack of it which can be sickly.

try to eat rye bread or other good bread types. pumpkin seed is also win. whenever you are drinking milk i would chuck some whey in as well for good measure.

dont forget veges. get them in where you can.

Cut down on the shakes too.
Try this,
1. 6 eggs with 2 slices wholemeal toast or weet bix, glass of milk
2. Chicken or steak,rice or potato and vegies
3. Chicken or steak,rice or potato and vegies
4. Chicken or steak,rice or potato and vegies
5. Post workout whey shake
6. Chicken or steak,rice or potato and vegies
7. Cottage Cheese or cassein shake with almonds.

Garaunteed to gain mass.

Cut down on the shakes too.
Try this,
1. 6 eggs with 2 slices wholemeal toast or weet bix, glass of milk
2. Chicken or steak,rice or potato and vegies
3. Chicken or steak,rice or potato and vegies
4. Chicken or steak,rice or potato and vegies
5. Post workout whey shake
6. Chicken or steak,rice or potato and vegies
7. Cottage Cheese or cassein shake with almonds.

Garaunteed to gain mass.

Thanks mate will do.
You think just some mixed vegetables boiled is all good?
Tuna salads?

You can have a salad in leiu if vegies once per day. If you put tuna in the salad then don't have the chicken / steak, but makes sure you use the big can of tuna.
Try to eat green vegies (broccolli, beans, baby spinach mostly).