• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
O

Online Nutrition

Ok so I have been looking over the new range from Primordial Performance In particular the contents of each ingredient in the products.
I have found in the Phyto Testosterone an ingredient called 5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-Isoflavone.
So I have searched to find out what this stuff is and here is waht it is for your reading pleasure:

5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-Isoflavone
(Known as Methoxyisoflavone, Methoxy, Methoxyflavone, 5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-Isoflavone)

Muscle Builder
How does it work?
5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-Isoflavone is a naturally-derived non-hormonal anabolic and anti-catabolic compound known as a flavone. It has been shown to decrease cortisol levels, increase protein synthesis, and improve overall recovery from exercise.

Who is it used for?
5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-Isoflavone is suitable for anyone wanting to gain muscle size and strength without adversely affecting their hormone levels or health. Strength and power athletes (such as rugby players or sprinters), bodybuilders, or those interested in improving their physical appearance will likely benefit from supplementation with 5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-Isoflavone.

How does it work?
During the search for new anabolics in the 1970's, researchers strived to develop an anabolic without steroid status. In 1977 a Hungarian company filed a patent for a new and revolutionary flavone called 5-methyl-7-methoxy-isoflavone. It works by increasing protein synthesis and nitrogen retention in much the same way steroids do, but without the androgenic side-effects. Patented by pharmaceutical experts Chinoin (US Patent # 4,163,746), 5-methyl-7-methoxyisoflavone is designed to promote muscle growth while at the same time increasing fat loss.

For various commercial reasons nothing was ever done with this compound when it was first developed. However, after 20 years, patent protection is lost and anyone can copy the product using the exact methods detailed in the patent (patents have to list exact manufacturing technique).

Once the patent expired, Methoxy quickly became popular with many livestock producers and still is now. It packed on massive amounts of lean muscle in animals in a short time, allowing farmers to enjoy record profits. With livestock, after just 30 days on Methoxy, gains in weight average 8-15% in calfs, 7-10% in cattle, 8-20% in poultry and 10-20% in rabbits. All gains were mostly lean muscle tissue. Experts now consider Methoxy as one of the most effective anabolic agents currently available. What's more, the patent shows that it's free from "androgenic or liver-damaging side effects".

How do I use it?
The recommended serving size of 5-methyl-7-methoxy-isoflavone is 300-400 milligrams taken in 2-3 split dosages (100-200 milligrams 2-3 times daily). 5-methyl-7-methoxy-isoflavone is a powerful compound, and should not be taken continuously. Instead, most supplement experts recommend that you take it for 4 weeks, leave 1 week of rest, and then start again.

What results can I expect?
Recent university research, published in the prestigious journal Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, shows that combining Methoxy with a proper diet and regular training programme will help you build muscle while SIMULTANEOUSLY shedding fat [1]. Using a sophisticated technique for measuring body composition known as DEXA, results showed that the Methoxy group added muscle more than three times faster than the control group. Subjects using the placebo put on almost 2 pounds of fat, while those using the Methoxy lost almost three pounds of fat. Although there is much research still to be done, the data so far indicates that 5-methyl-7-methoxy-isoflavone is a highly effective and promising supplement.

What can it be combined with?
5-methyl-7-methoxy-isoflavone works very well by itself. However, because it increases protein synthesis, you may notice even greater results when you combine 5-methyl-7-methoxy-isoflavone with a high-quality whey protein. Some experts also believe that Beta-Ecdysterone works synergistically with 5-methyl-7-methoxy-isoflavone to increase protein synthesis, maintain a positive nitrogen balance and keeping your body in an anabolic state. Although no studies so far have tested this combination, many bodybuilders and athletes report impressive results.

Reference:
1. Incledon, T., Van Gammeren, D., & Antonio, J. (2001).

5-Methyl-7-Methoxy-Isoflavone - latest research by Nutriline. org

Last edited:
Metabolism of Non-Steroidal Phytoestrogens:
Ipriflavone and 5-Methyl-isoflavones
Svetlana Appolono va, Pavel Barano v, Grigory Rodchenko v
Antidoping Centre, 105005, Moscow, Elizavetinsky per. 10
Isoflavones are naturally occurring non-steroidal phytoestrogens. Some isoflavones e.g. 7-isopropoxyisoflavone
(ipriflavone) and 5-methyl-7-methoxy-isoflavone (methoxyisoflavone) have
been marketed as “powerful anabolic” substances. These claims based on research described
in patents filed in Hungary in the early 1970s (US Patent No. 4,163,746). Only one work [1]
showed that combining 5-methyl-7-methoxy-isoflavone with a proper diet and regular training
programme yields muscle building and simultaneous fat shedding. Since ipriflavone and
5-methyl-isoflavones are widely advertised in the Internet, and reportedly might be used as
non-steroidal anabolizing or concomitant agents indicating possible abuse of prohibited drugs,
it seems necessary to develop analytical method for their detection in biological matrices by
means of GC–MS and HPLC–MS. Therefore the metabolites of three “highly recommended”
isoflavones: ipriflavone, 5-methyl-7-methoxy-isoflavone and 5-methyl-7-hydrohy-isoflavone
were investigated. Tentative identification of the metabolites was based on the retention
indices, EI-MS, ESI-MS, and MS-MS mass spectra.
Above compounds produce a variety of metabolites. After oral administration of ipriflavone
dose of 250 mg seven metabolites were found in human urine: 7-hydroxy-isoflavon-4-one,
four monohydroxylated
metabolites, dihydroxylated and dihydro hydroxylated metabolites.
Excretion study showed that 7,4’-dihydroxyisoflavone (Daidzein) is the main and long time
metabolite. Than we expected to detect well-known metabolites of Daidzein, namely Equol
and O-desmethylangolensin, but seemingly further metabolism of Daidzen have not occurred
in case of ipriflavone administration.
Ten metabolites of 5-methyl-7-hydroxy-isoflavone were found in human urine after oral administration
of single dose of 150 mg: four monohydroxylated metabolites, three dihydroxylated
metabolites, metabolite with reduction of -C=O bond, methoxylated metabolite and methoxylated
monohydroxylated metabolite. The parent drug was also present. Excretion study
showed that 5-methyl-7, 4’-dihydroxyisoflavone are long time metabolite.
Eleven metabolites of 5-methyl-7-methoxy-isoflavone were found in human urine after oral
administration of single dose of 200 mg: 5-methyl-7-hydroxy-isoflavone and its above-mentioned
10 metabolites.
The method can be applied for toxicological purposes, and for the analysis of sport nutritional
supplements. The detection of isoflavones in course of doping control might indirectly indicate
possible abuse of banned anabolizing agents and growth hormone.
References:
1 Incledon, T., Van Gammeren, D., and Antonio, J. The effects of 5-methyl-7-methoxyisoflavone on body composition and
performance in college-aged men. Medicine and Science in Sports & Exercise, (2001) 33, A2421

Last edited:
Looks like a dud product even to me...So thats saying something, I'll give most things a go lol

Maybe [MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION] ; can stack it with his res100 and tococaps?

Looks like a dud product even to me...So thats saying something, I'll give most things a go lol

Maybe @Grunta ; can stack it with his res100 and tococaps?
[MENTION=10445]O.N.[/MENTION]; sell a DUD product??? Look at what Epic did for Nads :D

Neh, just protein, fuken depressed like a fat chick on a set of scales, got the bulldog look happening, and my arse looks big jeans.
Think I've been overdoing it on the beer.
Tell me about it bro
Certainly no kunce mirin round my joint