• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How much fish oil is ok?

kindred

How much fish oil are people taking and have you had any bad side effects from taking too much?

What actually happens if you OD on Vitamin A anyway?

I have no idea what that means.

It means, after dropping a bomb, if I ran out of toilet paper and the tap in the sink was broken and had to use my hand (which wouldn't be required anyway), then I could eat a white bread sandwich right after, without others thinking it's a brown bread sandwich.

Is fish oil and the oil from eating fish absorbed at the same rate/amount? I know that when you take a multivitamin mineral you can only absob a tiny amount. Would be good to know as I can always switch to eating more fish rather than taking fishoil caps.

I just found this never mind.

Murdock Pharmaceuticals, Springville, Utah 84663.
The transient rise in plasma triacylglycerol fatty acids after single-dose ingestion of fish oil as triacylglycerols, free acids, or ethyl esters with linseed oil as an absorption standard was used to determine the relative absorption of fish oil fatty acids in eight men. As free acids, the fish oil fatty acids were well absorbed (greater than or equal to 95%). As triacylglycerols, eicosapentaenoic acid (1.00 g) and docosahexaenoic acid (0.67 g) were absorbed only 68% and 57% as well as the free acids. The ethyl esters were absorbed only 20% and 21% as well as the free acids. The incomplete absorption of eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids from fish oil triacylglycerols correlates well with known in vitro pancreatic lipase activity.

i take 6000mg a day.

Some say you need 9000mg.

But i eat a lot of fish.

Last edited:
It means, after dropping a bomb, if I ran out of toilet paper and the tap in the sink was broken and had to use my hand (which wouldn't be required anyway), then I could eat a white bread sandwich right after, without others thinking it's a brown bread sandwich.

haha funny stuff, sounds like it worth it then.

I would, you need to spread your fish oil caps over the course of the day. You won't have to on the meals when you have the tuna.

Advise from my GP was - "Have one capsule a day and get in at least 3 fish meals a week and it should be enough...".

12-15 spread over the day. A recent article in men's health stated that consumption of 20 fish oil per day for more than two weeks could increase lung capacity by up to 63% :S maybe we grow gills?

12-15 spread over the day. A recent article in men's health stated that consumption of 20 fish oil per day for more than two weeks could increase lung capacity by up to 63% :S maybe we grow gills?

And you'd be stinking like a fisherman LOL Better off taking concentrated liquid form...and it's odourless too I believe.

You'd be surprised how little they know about nutrition.

True.Doctors study nutrition for some ridiculously small amount of time like 8 hours.
And tuna doesn`t have a lot of oil.You need cold water fish like salmon and mackerel with the skin on.White fish contain oil mostly in the liver.

True.Doctors study nutrition for some ridiculously small amount of time like 8 hours.
And tuna doesn`t have a lot of oil.You need cold water fish like salmon and mackerel with the skin on.White fish contain oil mostly in the liver.

My doc's confident, very popular in the practice and he's into fitness. At the end of the day you have to trust someone right, and if I've put my son's trust in him over the years....

BTW, isn't tuna cold water, ie. deep sea tuna?

Last edited: