• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Quad

J

jackedfibres09

Anyone heard or tried some protein called QUAD? apparently has 4 release stages or something. Just wanna know if it's any good. Cheers

Yeh that's the one anyone tried it yet? I'm currently using max's hydroxyphase+ and i'm thinking of switching...good or bad idea?

I did my best to try this protein powder but when I sent my order through to A1 supplements they didn't want to give me any service so I retracted it after a couple of days. From the reviews I've read it seems to be okay. If you can manage to get it from A1 they have it on special alot and it seems very well priced. Stolen from some website:
Inner Armour Super Quad 10lbs

Enlarge Image

Provided By
FitnessMegastore.gif

Description
Inner Armour Super Quad Protein® gives you highly absorbable, high quality microfiltered whey proteins, micellar caseinates, and super digestible egg albumin, and added essential branch chain amino acids in an exacting 4 Stage Extended Release Matrix delivering power-packed amino acid peptide chains that are the ultimate building blocks of solid, ripped, hard muscle.The professionals know it is not only how much protein, but more importantly supplementing with a combination of high quality protein sources supplying peptide fractions that optimize metabolism and digestion to get the protein where its needed. 5 Lbs. Double Chocolate Supplement Facts Serving Size35G(1scoop) Servings Per Container65 Servings Amount/Serving (1 Scoop) Energy 620kJ 146cal Protein 24g Fat 2g Saturated Fat 0 Carbohydrates 8g Sugars 8g Dietary F

meh, just stick to WPC. get some Casseine and blend it your self for slow and fast release protein.

Shrek, what's the difference between WPC and WPI?
I'm thinking of getting a 20kg bag of WPC from proteindirect, only $280 for 20kg.

The only thing I know of is that the WPC has slightly less % protein than WPI, and slightly higher pat/carbs, but the WPI is much more expensive.
Is the protein quality the same in WPC as WPI?

For bulking, is WPC fine?
Can take double the dose of WPC for the price of WPI.

Thanks

WPC is about 80% protein whereas WPI is 90%+. I wouldn't double the dose of WPC. If you want 40gms of protein use 50gm of WPC. For bulking I could not justify the extra $$ spent on WPI when you are eating heaps of carbs and fats anyway.
WPI is fine for cutting diets when carbs want to be minimised. I rarely use WPI.

So is it exactly the same protien quality, disregarding the carb and fat content?

If so, I don't know why I should ever use WPI again, I basically nver cut, and alot of ectos wouldn't either.

Exactly. WPI is slightly fatser digested but only a few minutes, that's why some guys like to use WPI after a workout but I beleive 5 mins isn't going to make or break you.

I might get myself a 20kg sack of WPC then.

Would consuming 300g throughought the day be ok?
Should last about 2 months that way.

Yeah, I know it's alot.

Just want to go extreme and test a few things out to see if it may promote some new growth.

I don't believe that you can only absorb 30-40g of protein per meal.

Thats excessive at 300 a day, especially not coming from food. I am doing 120 a day from WPI/WPC combo. Food should be the priority if possible and shakes are more of a convienence for me as i add other aminos like glutamine and carbs to shakes.
AZZA

i am currently using the Inner Armour Quad protein and find it to be very good for the price, shakes up well and taste reasonable, i also purchased it from a1 online and didnt havent any problems.

I was looking at the Quad protein aswell. seemed reasonably priced, and i like to buy alot of protein at once so i dont have to worry about it for a while. but now i think im gonna go with either some stuff from fitness central or bulk nutrition instead. cause protein is protein is protein, (if its from a reputable source). And its good to stay local :D and cheap!

So is it exactly the same protien quality, disregarding the carb and fat content?

If so, I don't know why I should ever use WPI again, I basically nver cut, and alot of ectos wouldn't either.

WPC and WPI are different in that they do contain different antibodies or Ig levels and concentrations and do differ in their ammino acid profile. Ig or immunoglobulins(in which there are many types) are important for maintaining a healthy immune system, which can take a battering when your body is under alot of stress(ie. intense weight training).
Not only that but the two protein powders do have different absorbtion rates, but both are still considered fast acting proteins.
I use a 50 50 blend just so that i am not missing out on any small advantages one might have over the other and so that the abosrbtion of the proteins is done over a slightly longer period time in the hope that the absorbtion % will be higher than just taking the one protein.

The absorption rates is not much different, 5-10 minutes from memory, hardly worth the extra $$$ of WPI.