• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

When did you decide to use protien powders and other suppliments?

When did you start using suppliments?

• When I started working out.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Never have

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • When i hit my first platue

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

kindred

Ive been very minimal with suppliments.

What was your turning point. When did you start down the suppliment road?

Not long after I started training because my training partner was using one.
he was using Horelys Muscle maker and being a skinny runt I bought Horelys Awesome Weight gainer.

Meh, i hadnt really reached a plataeu yet, (or even now). Wasnt even doing weights at the time. Im a seriouse mofo rower, and i started a protein powder to try and improve recovery. Cause i was doing up to 11 intense 1.5-2hr sessions a week. then after a few months moved onto a bcaa+glutamine recovery supp. and last year gave waxy maize a try. shit stuff btw, just use rolled oats. i would like to try Dymatize nutritions 'Flud' though.
And now iv just bought some Beat alanine, arginine, CEE, and Crea Mono.
Started all this about a year and a half ago.

(lol, i felt nervouse writing the word plataeu) :p

I used em when i was young but found that when i stopped i deflated like a balloon sojust started eating high protien food instead ,sure u have extra fat aswell but u also have extra energy .if u plato change exercise or take a break for a short while ,comeback twice as hard

i started after 1 year of bodybuilding.(on and off). i remember i was using 1 of max proteins.. Din quite like it.. I was also using Celltech .. (creatine) ... gladly i did heaps of research n bought all the cheap stuff after that.

Last edited:
i started after 1 year of bodybuilding.(on and off). i remember i was using 1 of max proteins.. Din quite like it.. I was also using Celltech .. (creatine) ... gladly i did heaps of research n bought all the cheap stuff.

Max's protein and celltech are hardly cheap products!

i didnt use protein til 1 and a half years after training because i had always been told that i didnt need it. big mistake.

I only started using it once I joined my new Gym... a free protein shake after a work out!! I noticed a difference in taking supplements as opposed to none and now take it regularly

I spent a year in a gym with no guidance whatsoever (partly my fault) and then joined a great gym about a year ago where the guys got me on the Protein. Just seemed like the right thing to do given the advice they gave me about progressing.

i only started using supps when i started training properly... it's because i got in an IT job and when I was bored, i'd just read a lot on bodybuilding and health etc.

But i've only ever used protein and maybe some creatine here n there.
It's only recently that i've bought testosterone boosters and GH boosters (both of which i haven't started using).

dad bought it for me when i first started doing weights years ago, it was some disgusting crap from woolies...really shocking.

but i take Horleys WPI for a while now and it does the job