• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Creatine Question

Morgan

Hey guys,

I just picked up some Creatine Monohydrate, I've been reading heaps of conflicting information on the net regarding how much to take and when to take it?

From what I can gather, I've learned it should be about

* 5g (one teaspoon) about 1-1.5 hours before a workout
* When loading up about 10g 1-1.5hours before a workout for about a week then back to 5G once a day

However, I also read that dosages are weight dependant, I looked it up and 200-250lbs should be on 10g daily and 20g while loading up?

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks guys.

1. Creatine can be taken anytime, does not have to be before or after workout.
2. Take 5 gms once per day everyday. Easy way to remember take 5mgs before workout on training days and 5 gms either in the morning or at night on non-training days.
3. Don't worry about loading as peak saturation will occur afte 7-10 days anyway.
4. take it with grape juice for best absorption.
5. You can split the dose pre and post workout if it makes you feel better.
6. What brand and where did you buy your mono?

Consider light sheded.

The above is pretty much spot on.

I tend to take about 5g pre, and post workout with my protein shake simply because its easier that way.

On my off days I take it with apple juice.

Dont forget for best effects to cycle the product.

Thanks for the super speedy replies guys.

Shrek, light has definitely been shed :) Cheers.

I bought GNC branded Mono, I know they're more expensive and what not but I don't mind the convenience, you get 20% off their stuff all the time once your a member, so today I bought a 5lb tub or their Pro Performance protein and a 1kg tub of GNC Creatine Mono for $140 all up, I could probably get it cheaper off the net but meh!

No problems Morgan, just remember to cycle it as Thugz said. 6-8 weeks on with 1 or 2 weeks off should do the trick.

Which creatine is better to take? Ive seen different forms of creatine out; Mono, Tri-Malate & Ethyl Ester. Some products sell them separately while some products have them all together. Is it good if you have them separately and mix them together? Any advice or opinion?

take post workout the body is more open to absorption especially when you have a pump (vasodialation)

can someone recommend me a good brand of mono creatine powder? I walk into a nutrition store and am kind of overwhelmed by all the stuff on the shelves.

Thanks,