• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Please help re: supplements 4 women

Q

queenie

Hi guys/girls, for the last 20 years I have done NO exercise but that caught up with me and I now suffer from a bad back due to an incredibly bad core. Anyway, under the advise of my pilates instructor and physiotherapist, I have joined a gym in addition to classes and for the last 2 months I have been loving it. My lifestyle, nutrition intake and activity levels have all changed. I have also given up smoking too, without withdrawals (god smokers STINK!!! :)). Currently I do the following 6 days a week:
20 min cardio warmup on cross trainer (level 1 - level 4 progression), thights, glutes etc, back and chest, arms and upper strength and then back to cross trainer for 20 mins, rowing machine for 10 minutes. I also do two 10 min stretching routines - once after the legs/glutes and the second after the cooldown (I also have a ruptured disc pressing on a nerve and sciatica issues both LHS and RHS). Anyway, I am devouring health magazines but they have only served to confuse me what with all the ads on protein supplements. I was looking at taking the Gaspari Superpump 250 and the Intropro but I really don't want to have caffeine as I suffer really bad headaches and stomach problems from them (Xantrax made me violently ill when I was on that last week). So, does anyone have suggestions for me to decrease fat, increase muscle tissue. I don't want to be a body builder but want to retain my femininity - all whilst being leaned and toned with reasonable definition. FYI I am 165cm, 57.5 kgs. Really hope you can all help and am particularly looking forward to the 'big mans' response (Shrekie). Cheers, :)

In my opinion for you goals you do not require supplements except possibly a good protein powder.. Intrapro from Gaspari is a little pricey for you goals. Search this thread for good value powders. http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-supplements/7984-whats-your-favourite-place-buy-supplements.html

When you say you say you want to retain femininity I have no doubt you will. Decrease in fat will come through diet and exercise. I would try to incorporate same resistance training with free weights to help with muscle building and aid in fat loss.
I would like to see what a typical daily diet for you is currenntly if you don't mind posting it up.

I would like to see what a typical daily diet for you is currenntly if you don't mind posting it up.

Oh bugger, I don't think you really want to know that. OK, I lost the 9kg through Jenny Craig (which is an excellent program as they are not interested in taking you on unless you want to learn the principles of nutrition, are willing to change and are willing to do DAILY exercise). I am now on them 3 days a week and my own 4 days a week. Basically it is a limit of 5000kj and after each workout my polar says I burn 350-500cals depending on the intensity of the session.

My own plan: Breakfast is 3/4 cup bran, no fat milk and 1/2 banana, snack is 2 salada with tomato (no butter), lunch is pitabread with chicken and salad (no butter), snack is fruit and dinner is 200g chicken or fish with vegies or salad.

I know I am not following the 'diet' of a bb but I also do not want to - I have cut out all fats, sugary drinks and anything that is in a box or packet has pretty much been eliminated but I also like to go out with my girlfriends for lunch and my husband for dinner and I don't want to not be able to have a glass of wine and soda and a nice piece of meat when it arises. My boy is of Indian descent and makes AMAZING curries from scratch which I don't want to miss out on also (the true ones from his families region contain only spices, meat, water, tom sauce and some condiments). So there you go, are you getting a clearer picture. I want to look like Marzia Prince but without the diet! ;)

Your diet is ok we just need to tweak it a little. (I will post something up later as i am at work now).
In regards to supplements Green tea, L-Carnitine and L-Tyrosine with L-Taurine make a good combo and is much cheaper than buying branded fat burners.

I I also like to go out with my girlfriends for lunch and my husband for dinner and I don't want to not be able to have a glass of wine and soda and a nice piece of meat when it arises. My boy is of Indian descent and makes AMAZING curries from scratch which I don't want to miss out on also (the true ones from his families region contain only spices, meat, water, tom sauce and some condiments). So there you go, are you getting a clearer picture. I want to look like Marzia Prince but without the diet! ;)

Get yourself into shape and you will be able to have that curry etc. once a week and I personally find it is healthier (psychologically that is) to have a pig out once in a while.I love all foods and it is damned stressful denying yourself the things you love.
P.S. I envy you!A good,authentic curry is one of the few pleasures I do allow myself.

The 5000kj intake is only for losing weight, when I get to 55kg (my goal weight) it will increase slightly. As for sticking too it, I generally don't have a problem unless you put me near nuts. I could eat them all day long and even though they have 'good fat', a 850g bag of macadamias is not good for the scales.

I am lucky in that I have never eaten alot but, when I do eat, I always pile my plate higher than necessary, hence, I now use smaller dishes at home for portion control. I also drink a lot of water!

As for the vid - REALLY interesting. Puts a new spin on it and it makes sense. I went and got some WPI today also. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Your 1200 cal diet just seems insane to me because my new diet is 4030 cal lol. It might be okay if you have an office job and hardly move during the day though.

Plus you've gotten some protein powder, so add that in after your workout, and that will bump your calories intake up a bit too and supply you with some really quick and accessible protein for your muscles after work out.

But yeah main points in that vid for you were:

Keep protein intake up.
Have lots of small meals.
Be careful increasing calorie intake after diet.
Watch out for muscle being burnt away.
Muscles are not your enemy, muscles burn fat.
And lastly you need to eat to survive, so don't starve yourself.

I posted up the other parts of that video in the nutrition section if you were interested in watching more.

But anyway just see what works for you.

=D

Best of luck.