• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Incline dumbell presses

N

nomad

When doing Incline dumbell presses,i've always started with the db's parallel to my body and then during the lift,when i've got to the top of the exercise I turn my wrists so that the weights are perpendicular to my body

However when i was at the gym the other night , i saw one of the trainers who was showing some guy the same exercise but the trainer told him to do it without turning,to keep the weights perpendicular

Is there a right and wrong way when doing Incline dumbell presses?

Good question,

If you do an "Arnold" shoulder press, instead of having the dumbells at shoulder height, and then straight up, what you do is have the dumbells in front of you, palms facing in, then twist them and raise at the same time. you finish on the upstroke just like a regular shoulder press.

Perhaps, the trainer was trying to isolate the shoulder muscles, instead of allowing the triceps to come into play?

MightyTriby

They are both right.

Your just doing a variation of an incline DB press , I like to do them like that sometimes also. I find it tends to isolate a bit more