• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How to strengthen wrists?

M

mondo

Ok i include wrist training in my routine once a week to strengthen the, but they are still weak. I do reerse barbell wrists curls, behind the back wrist curls with barbell and also reverse grip barbell curls, but they still are weak. I am noticing it more as I try to go up in weights, my wrists give out before anything, they give out on triceps exercises, bench press, lat PD, barbell culs, anything where they should be striaght mine just fatigue and burn and weaken. What should I do?? My arms are the same, they are severly underdeveloped compared to my chest and back, yet they were the first things I began training when I joined the gym , I used to want big arms so I trained my tris and bis and they are still only just near 12 inches. whats the deal?

Ok,
what you need is a pair, cause they come in pairs, of hand grips.
They are a "V" shaped hand operated aparatus.

You sqeeze your hand, the hand grip repels this action.

You could also use a squash ball, tennis ball instead.

MightyTriby.

can pick handgrips up at various places , kmart,bigw , target etc , might be a bit cheaper then rebel sports

the squash balls , heard from a few people that it works wonders, remember when i was in school there was a tennis player that walked around all day squeezing a squash ball ,at that time we all just thought he was crazy

ok. while i am here on this topic, does anyone know where i can find a training partner???
also are the balls better than the gripper things?

ok. while i am here on this topic, does anyone know where i can find a training partner???
also are the balls better than the gripper things?

I didnt read the whole question, my bad. But from the title you cant really strengthen your wrists you can strengthen your forearms. i found that an awsome exercise for this is to tie a rope to a weight plate and one end to the middle of a wooden stick or bit of broom or something. then hold out the contraption about should height with strait arms. then wind the rope up and unwind it for a better workout increase the weight. hope that helps

Try chin ups with your palms facing each other.This will incorporate your forearms more.
Also, sling a couple of hand towels over a chin up bar and grip them with your hands and do chin ups this way.It will be hard at first but the effort on your forearms is awesome.

I tie a rope to a weight plate and one end to the middle of a wooden stick or bit of broom or something. then hold out the contraption about should height with strait arms. then wind the rope up and unwind it for a better workout increase the weight. hope that helps
These work well and give the forearms a fair workout aswell.

Another good one is just hanging by your arms for as long as you can.