• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Supplement confusion !

G

gstar73

Hi there, newly joined here, great forum. There's heaps of great info on supplements and most members seem very well educated on them. Reading through all the threads it does get confusing as to what is the basic foundation and also for your body type ie: If you struggle to put on size then you may need different mix to someone who puts it on easily.
Bit of background - worked out a lot in my 20s, now 36. Took the weights back up last Nov with 40min cardio every 2nd day and have seen some great gains. Muscle memory is there and I've seen some really good gains. Am a lean type with no muscularity issues.
Have started on the supplements 2 months or so ago - got Musashi WPI protein and also Creatine Mono.
The basic foundation for putting on size whilst not putting on fat seems to be first and foremost a protein powder, yes ?
It's what comes after that, or what you need that gets confusing.
I want to take it to the next level so would like some advice. There's so many products it's mind boggling. Some of the products are a bit of a worry as are they safe ie: ALR Jungle Warfare and alike.
I'm eating well and regularly and drinking plenty of water.

Last edited:
Mate what you are doing seems fine, although I wouldn't persoanally buy Musashi products.
At your age a test booster might help a little bit but generally a good diet a decent protein powder and creatine should be fine.
Try some X-factor, might help you with some gains. I used it last year with reasonable results.

Last edited:
Shrek,fill me in here.Why do you hate Musashi so much?
I use some Musashi supps ,as well as other brands, and the ones I use
are very comparable price wise at what I pay for them, and I have found
the particular products i use to be good.
So what is your beef?Did you have a bad experience with the supps
or the company or did you find them to just not to be effective for you?
I`m not having a go or anything i just want to hear any feedback good or
bad.

Ok,
1. I have it on good advice that they do not use the highest quality ingredients.
2. The are way overpriced esp once they hit the Supermarkets because they prayed on the ill-advised. (smart marketing ploy maybe but jacked up the price two fold)
3. The couple of times I have tried the PP they tasted like crap (but a lot of them do)
4. How can they justify selling 250gms of Mono for $24 when you can buy 1kg for $29?
5. Look at their Bulk product, full of sugars (dextrose and Maltodextrin)

It's not only Musashi, but other like Horelys, Maxes, Body Ripped and a few other are just ridiculously overpriced, not to mention the US brands.
Always buy unbranded bulk protein for huge savings. There are quite a few listed in the Supp thread.

musashi sucks, dont ever use it.

you should get; a multivitamin, whey protein, creatine, possibly fish oil.

all cheap, here in Oz sups are pretty expensive, and they are pretty much all the same stuff. get a 5kg bag of whey for $150.

edit: be sure to improve your diet and training first, sups are on the bottom of the list.

Last edited:
Ok,
1. I have it on good advice that they do not use the highest quality ingredients.
2. The are way overpriced esp once they hit the Supermarkets because they prayed on the ill-advised. (smart marketing ploy maybe but jacked up the price two fold)
3. The couple of times I have tried the PP they tasted like crap (but a lot of them do)
4. How can they justify selling 250gms of Mono for $24 when you can buy 1kg for $29?
5. Look at their Bulk product, full of sugars (dextrose and Maltodextrin)

It's not only Musashi, but other like Horelys, Maxes, Body Ripped and a few other are just ridiculously overpriced, not to mention the US brands.
Always buy unbranded bulk protein for huge savings. There are quite a few listed in the Supp thread.

Gotcha but with regards to 1. - heresy.I have heard the opposite from a credible source. 2.Bought in bulk at the right place and as I said some products are very comparable.
3,4 and 5 I can`t argue with.
I am always wary of any brand but I know the few Musashi that I use are good.Others are definitely much better and cheaper so I use them as well.

5kg for $150 is good, not like aussie bodies or musashi which s 1kg for $50.

Just my 2cents here.....

IF Bulk unflavoured products where in demand, dont you think every supplement company would make one?

These companys do alot of marketing and research....

The game has changed.... Its not just bodybuilders using protein anymore.

Old Bill whos doctor has sent him to get a high protein low carb formula isnt going to want a 5kg bag of Unflavoured protein, he wants a 900g nice tasting protein.

Johhny the weekend warrior with money to burn dosnt want a 10kg bag of bland protein...

If you use alot of protein daily and dont care about tastes and all that, then there would be no reason not to buy a large bulk item...

But bagging all these supplement companys becasue they are overpriced or whatever the reason, is a bit much....

Sure there are companys out there that make rubbish and sell it for lots...but not all them!

Just my thoughts, disagree if you will but.....

i dont care

haha

Mal

Since you are loaded with knowledge about the savings you can make with bulk unflavoured protein you's be crazy not to buy it, unfortunatly or fortunatly for the Supp company's they are lots of weekend warriors, the ill informed and noobs who still buy commercial stuff.

Last edited:
Not the Aussie version. The Aussie version is weak and useless.

but the american one or the international one has the EXACT same ingredients as the australian one....and they both have the weak steroid in it.

there is no aussie version...they all have 17a-methyl-5a-dehydro-etiocholane-4,6-dien-3-one-17-ol

Last edited:
but the american one or the international one has the EXACT same ingredients as the australian one....and they both have the weak steroid in it.

there is no aussie version...they all have 17a-methyl-5a-dehydro-etiocholane-4,6-dien-3-one-17-ol
Dude, the Aussie Version is called JW Extreme. The US version which may have changed also now did have another ingredient but the name slips my mind. The ingredient you posted there is not a 'roid, if it was it would not be allowed in Aust.

/END.

Dude, the Aussie Version is called JW Extreme. The US version which may have changed also now did have another ingredient but the name slips my mind. The ingredient you posted there is not a 'roid, if it was it would not be allowed in Aust.

/END.

I am not even going to bother prooving that there is NO difference between the two but i wont because no matter what you will still think to be right in any matter as relating to all your opinions on PS or DS.

Its ok, Prohomones and designer steroids are illegal too in America and oh.....wow there readily available...kinda wierd.

do a search on jungle warfare in all forums and tell me "The ingredient you posted there is not a 'roid, if it was it would not be allowed in Aust" before you purchase

I am not even going to bother prooving that there is NO difference between the two but i wont because no matter what you will still think to be right in any matter as relating to all your opinions on PS or DS.

Its ok, Prohomones and designer steroids are illegal too in America and oh.....wow there readily available...kinda wierd.

do a search on jungle warfare in all forums and tell me "The ingredient you posted there is not a 'roid, if it was it would not be allowed in Aust" before you purchase
I know the importer of ALRI products, Jungle Warfare is called Jungle Warfare. This is the EU version just like Methyl 1-D. These are mild pro-hormones. In the past ALRI in the states has been sued for a athlete testing positive in Baseball from memory. The product carrys anti doping statements stating to check with your sporting authority as to the product being allowed. There has also been cross contamination isses with pro-hormones contaning stronger compounds in trace amounts. You have to remember that pro-hormones main ingredients converts or mimics to well known anabolic steroids once in the body.
AZZA

I know the importer of ALRI products, Jungle Warfare is called Jungle Warfare. This is the EU version just like Methyl 1-D. These are mild pro-hormones. In the past ALRI in the states has been sued for a athlete testing positive in Baseball from memory. The product carrys anti doping statements stating to check with your sporting authority as to the product being allowed. There has also been cross contamination isses with pro-hormones contaning stronger compounds in trace amounts. You have to remember that pro-hormones main ingredients converts or mimics to well known anabolic steroids once in the body.
AZZA

Very good info! :) yeah, understand that. Just letting people know that even it says "natural" do a search before hand and your reasearch. I have read sooo much hysteria about Jungle warfare but alot of good results with hardly any sides to boot. But it has got some form of PH as you noted so you would need a PCT.

Thanks for the response :)

There needs to be more education within forums regarding prohormones. The current crop of prohormones are designer steroids. In some cases these DS's have more toxicity than Stanazol as a oral and these are over the counter in most countrys. They are also more toxic than prescription steroids. If you want to use these even the mild ones then it is best to educate yourself from a reliable source EG Anabolics book etc. The forums in general do not have very many users that are trully educated. There are only a couple of guys who i would take advice from regarding these products. I have studied this area for over 4 years now educated myself. If any members here are serious about using PH's either PM me and if i cant answer your questions i will forward you on to DR D from AM.
AZZA