• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

1kg of steak a day ok?

T

Timguyperson

lol whats the max amount of steak I should be eating? Lately it's been about 1kg a day. I'm thinking that it might not be healthy to eat so much?

Gee I eat a kg of steak per day all the time.. can't see any problems there as long as it's lean.

No way it's healthy to eat that much meat. Especially red meat.

Research it. I think you'll find people with such a large and constant red meat in take don't end up so healthy.

No way it's healthy to eat that much meat. Especially red meat.

Research it. I think you'll find people with such a large and constant red meat in take don't end up so healthy.

That kind of study is notoriously hard to conduct, though. I believe there are figures to show a large intake of red meat linked with cancer, but there are other contributing factors. For example, someone who consumes large amounts of red meat may also have a low intake of nutritious fruits and vegetables, as well as increased intake of refined carbohydrates. There may be other co-morbidities, such as smoking, alcohol abuse, lack of exercise, diabetes mellitus and family history.

My 'gut feeling' is that if someone consumes large amounts of lean red meat, as well as large amounts of nutritious vegetables and fruit, and low to moderate amounts of low GI carbohydrates, combined with vigorous weight training and cardio (and look as fit as a fiddle); they will lower the chance of cancer considerably.

So basically keep it balanced and I should be right. I usually eat 4 cups of vegies a day, so hopefully I'll be right. Probably not getting enough fibre though. I'll try and up that a bit. Good ways to get fibre? Weetbix are high in fibre arent they? I have 4 of those a day usually.

Try Metamucil. Dissolve 2 teaspoons and a large glass of water and drink it before you go to bed. It is soluble fibre, and bulk conforming (not a laxative), and it is reported to lower your cholesterol.

Have asparagus with your protein source meats, it helps restore alkaline in the body when on a high protein diet. More meat=more veg
AZZA

Wheat grass, barely grass, etc... I've heard are really good for restoring alkaline levels too aren't they?

Didn't know that high protein diets are acidic though?

I've heard they are acidic, but never really understood what it meant. Kind of ignored it because it came from the mouth of a naturopath.

Mix psyllium husks into your shakes. Flavourless and it adds some bulk to them as well.

Citrus fruit restores the pH balance. It is an acid but something happens to them during the digestive process that makes them alkaline.

Former IFBB Mr Aus and Mr QLD does up my diet, he recomends Asparagus with your steak or chicken as it will balance you out. I am on 350 grams protein per day.
AZZA

Citrus fruit restores the pH balance. It is an acid but something happens to them during the digestive process that makes them alkaline.

It is all about the chemical process.Digestion is one big chemical reaction and like any chemical reaction the bi-product can be totally different.The result can be acid or alkaline depending on what you eat.

Yeah you cant just eat acidic stuff and expect you pH to become more acidic it all depends on the end product.

Anyway re 1kg of steak... I know a guy who is on a diet where is has cut all carbs (obvios carbs ie bread pasta etc) and he eats a rediculous amount of meat and he looks healthier than when he didnt and says he feels healthier. Hes been eating like that for way over 2 years and he hasnt dropped dead yet.

Its not for the stomach its for the blood. If your blood gets too acidic you get itchy fatigued you also get similar symptoms to messed blood sugar. I get it sometimes it makes you not able to sit still.