• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

50 000 calories in one sitting?

T

Timguyperson

Okay my lecture in adolescent psychological disorders was talking about bulimia today, and they said that bulimics will binge on between 3000-50000 calories in one sitting.

I couldn't help but asking the lecturer wtf? because that just seems impossible. I told her that would be about 60 double quarter pounders and there was no way that was possible to eat in one sitting. But she defended the numbers???

Like really? Is there any way you could eat 50 000 calories in one sitting, even if it was over the course of a few hours?

Also bulimics often report eating whole containers of margarine in one sitting. How many calories would that be? Still it wouldn't be anywhere near 50 000 would it?

Cheers.

a whole tub of margarine? omg i am gonna be sick, i cant even handle like a half a tea spoon of the stuff... yuck!

50,000 does seem to be unrealistic even for a bullemic.
10,000-15,000 may more on the money.

50 000 calories = 5.55kg of fat

There is no way it would be humanly possible to eat 5.55kg of fat.

Had a few good girlfriends at uni who were bulimic, and their binges would be something like 2-3 packs tim tams, couple of blocks choc, tub icecream, three chinese takeaway dishes with fried rice and a pizza. One small girl would polish all that off in about half an hour. Don't know how many calories that is, but I was so sheltered I couldn't work out why they weren't all fat.

I have been looking at the calories of the stuff i eat and processed food can really add up suprisingly fast. Im begining to think 50 000 may be right! Im eating a pot noodle right now and its 1488KJ (thats like 350 calories or something)! its crazy how so small a thing can have such a huge amount of energy.

Put it all in perspective though.
At 350 calories even 100 is well short of the mark.

Perspective mate perspective.
1 KFC thigh,1 drumstick,lg pepsi and fries comes to about 1200 calories.
Meaning you would still have to eat over 40 of these meals.
I still say it can`t be done except by those really huge obeseties who are confined to a bed all day.

Maybe she was thinking kilo jules not calories? But i still think its possible. You have to remember these people dont keep the food in they throw it all up. so fullness doesnt come into it as they never get full.

If they are chucking it back up then they are not consuming calories simple as that so I still say it is impossible to consume that many calories.
Maybe TGP could follow up for us on this.Did your lecturer mean they eat 50,000 calories or 50,000 calories worth of food while spewing it back up?