• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cross Fit

Has anyone else here tried Cross Fit? I looked into it a while ago, my trainer started researching it and I did my first session today. Killed me, but it rocks! Guess it's more about strength than bulk, but that's more my thing. Lifted much lighter weights than usually would, but def felt it.

Workout went like...

21 chins, 21 squat press (30kg), 30 deads (30kg)
Then down to 19, 19 and 21
Then down to 15, 15 and 19
Then down to 11, 11, 15
Then 7, 7, 15

Ended with 30 seconds of pushups, 20 secs rest, 30 seconds of squat jumps. Six sets of these with 20 seconds between.

Lesson learned- don't do a Spin class beforehand.

Remember, we should not judge a workout by the amount of DOMS we get. I get severe DOMS after a 3km run. eeek

I get the same- but mines in my shins because I over pronate. Never used to think that running did anything to help muscles build until I met the elite runner I work with. She does no weights, but is uber-cut. Not just from low body fat, but has amazing definition in her arms. After watching her compete, it made more sense- she pumps those little arms and has amazing legs because she never strikes on her heel. So she runs 100ks a week basically doing calf raises the whole way.

Started learning muscle ups on the rings as a new part of my cross fit regime.

cross fit looks tough. Youd have to be fit to do it tho as it would kick your ass if you did it out of shape.

I'm fit and it kicks your arse. It works for me because I have a tendency to not be happy with my workout unless I am feeling a bit vomitty and exhausted. It's good for me because it gives me workouts I can when I'm travelling for work, even when there isn't a gym in the town I'm staying.

I've been trying some crossfit workouts at home. They're HARD!! but I can definitely see improvements so that's all good :)

I've been sticking to bodyweight crossfit workouts so that I can do them at home eg. there is a list of "travel" workouts here: Crossfit Strong

eg. as many rounds of (5 pushups, 5 squats, 5 situps) as you can do in 5 minutes. I did 7 rounds when I first tried it and lately have just done 10 rounds in 5 mins :)

Would love to be able to build up to 10 rounds of (10 pushups, 10 squats, 10 situps) in under 10 minutes although currently my arms are failing me at the 5 minute mark (damn pushups!) so I've got a long way to go.

Bree, where in Sydney do you do Crossfit?

Hey Katie. I do Crossfit with my trainer at FF Bondi Platinum. I know that there are a few Crossfit gyms though. There one in Kogarah, the Shire and Surry Hills.