• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Would appreciate some diet help :)

K

krazyborge

Hi guys, i've recently joined my university gym and basically im starting off on weight machines once a week, and doing cardio and core twice a week (3 day split) and i really would love some help constructing a sound diet for the purpose of both weight loss and muscle gain.

I've heard a few rules of thumb, such as eating complex carbs in the morning (not sure why), eating about 50g of protein for each pound you weigh, eating one source of protein, one of complex carbs, and one of simple carbs in each meal, each being about the size of your fist. Eating fat each day in 2-3 of these meals, which comes from olive or flaxseed oil, and nuts.

Im not sure what to do with this information as counting calories for each meal and how much protein and carbs exactly is in them would be quite tedious. I was thinking a salad sandwich may be a good idea for lunch, i.e. bread = complex carbs, salad = simple carbs, egg and/or tuna = protein. So in terms of that meal, i wouldnt have a clue as to exactly how much of each to put in to the sandwich.

Hope someone can help me with a bit of info
Cheers :)

Hi guys, i've recently joined my university gym and basically im starting off on weight machines once a week, and doing cardio and core twice a week (3 day split) and i really would love some help constructing a sound diet for the purpose of both weight loss and muscle gain.

I've heard a few rules of thumb, such as eating complex carbs in the morning (not sure why), eating about 50g of protein for each pound you weigh, eating one source of protein, one of complex carbs, and one of simple carbs in each meal, each being about the size of your fist. Eating fat each day in 2-3 of these meals, which comes from olive or flaxseed oil, and nuts.

Im not sure what to do with this information as counting calories for each meal and how much protein and carbs exactly is in them would be quite tedious. I was thinking a salad sandwich may be a good idea for lunch, i.e. bread = complex carbs, salad = simple carbs, egg and/or tuna = protein. So in terms of that meal, i wouldnt have a clue as to exactly how much of each to put in to the sandwich.

Hope someone can help me with a bit of info
Cheers :)

Normally the general rule is to choose what you would like to do first its either lose bodyfat or gain muscle. In what condition are you in bodyfat? Post some pics and we could suggest you our opinions.

Here are some pointers. Drink a galoon of water per day, sleep for 8 hours a day, have atleast 1g-2g i would go 1-1.5g per pound of bodyweight not "50g" as you have said.

Now for the carb and fat situation it depends what condition your in so we will talk about this after you upload some pics n stats.

For the diet i would suggest using a calorie counter like fitday.com to track your calories. 1g of protein/carbohydrate = 4 cals and 1g of fat = 9cals.
After we see some pics ans stats we will get your bmr using a calc then apply another calc for your activity then we will add a surplus or deficit depending on your goals.

Per kg guys!!Per kg of bodyweight!
1kg=2.2 pounds.You`ll blow out your kidneys
with that amount of protein!
And go in litres.1 gallon is about 4-4.5 litres (US or Brit)

Last edited: