• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Breakfast

T

Timguyperson

-2 cups of peas and corn with table spoon of butter
-200 grams pineapple
-1 shake (2 wheatbix, 500ml milk, table spoon creatine, table spoon glutamine, 2 scoops of 1/2 carbs 1/2 protein powder...about 35 grams pro in the powder).
-1 shot of wheat grass

Is that an alright breakfast? Are there any things that I'm missing?

Thanks

If you like it, you eat it.
I like to get my proteien from whole foods like eggs, lean bacon or chops, but whatever floats your boat.

Might try frying up some eggs in the morning too to go with it and have 1 less scoop of protein in my shake.

Yeah me to,I like a bit of solid protein.
I get up and have a protein banana shake then go for a walk.
Come home and have porridge with raisins,blueberries,yoghurt.
Get ready for work and prepare for the day on the computer then
have scrambled eggs or an omelette with spinach just before i leave.
If i bake some chicken fillets for lunch I`ll maybe have a slice of rye
with chook to top it off.

That breakfast sounds intense. I struggle getting anything down when I first wake up, so I throw down a protein shake and a shot of espresso.

Isn't one tablespoon of creatine way too much? the recommended dose is like 6 g a day (1 teaspoon).

Peas and corn for breakfast... a guy told me to try and have veggies with every meal. This guy happened to be ridiculously huge, looked pro, so I took his advice lol.

Lately I'm having a lot of trouble with milk, makes me want to throw up big time. So I've cut down my protein shakes, just been eating steak and veggies every meal pretty much, including breakfast lol. Still do shake after work out but half is water now.

Anyone else get lactose intolerant after being totally fine with milk as an adult?

And yeah I love the butter with the veggies, makes them taste awesome. Is lots of butter bad for you even though you do 2.5 hours cardio a week, and 2.5 hours of weights a week?

just water tastes disgusting though, especially when you blend 2 wheat bix in with your shakes like I do.

No it doesn't, you'll get use to it. Protein shakes are designed to be mixed with water.

Last edited:
I am lactose intolerant, always have been, but know that some people find skim milk easier to digest. Just sits less heavily in the stomach, easier to digest because of lower fat content. Can always go half full cream, half skim.

Agree with Shrek on the water thing. A protein shake with milk would be too much for me (even if I wasn't lactose intolerant). It'd be rich and heavy.

Butter is high in cholesterol and as far as I know exercise doesn't get rid of it. The bad cholesterol builds up in your system and clogs your arteries. If your diet is high in cholesterol you should think about going to your G.P for a blood test.

"And yeah I love the butter with the veggies, makes them taste awesome. Is lots of butter bad for you even though you do 2.5 hours cardio a week, and 2.5 hours of weights a week?"[/quote]

Yeah I'm 22yrs old, I think I'm lactose intolerant now. I just switched to soy milk and I'm waking up in the mornings without wanting to throw up anymore. It's weird I used to be able to drink 3L of milk a day just 8 months ago. lol maybe drinking so much was what made me intolerant.

lactose free milk? don't think I've seen that before, is it sold at woolies and coles?