• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone else get tempted by roids?

T

Timguyperson

Just wondering if anyone else finds taking roids tempting? Would just make it so much easier and faster to get to your goals in body building. What do other people think?

I was pretty close when I was young, maybe 21 or 22 years old, but never went through with it. Was not concerned about my health at all, just wasn't sure how to inject myself, as I didn't know anybody else who was using.

Now at 33 years old, I'll never do steroids, it does not appeal to me at all.
If I can't obtain an awesome physique naturally, then something must be wrong such as diet or training methods.

Nope.

i don't want pea sized balls and heart problems at 60.

Nope, drugs are bad umk.

But on a serious note if it doesnt come in chocolate flavour I dont wanna know about it.

LOL. I like Hulk was put off by the whole needle thing. where do you stick it and how excruciating is the pain before the sweet release of death if I fuk it up.

But the whole side effect thing is blown out of proportion, its like saying smoking weed cause psychotic episodes and black outs. That may happen to some people, unlucky enough to have the genetic make up that produces such side effects. but on the whole its pretty harmless.
Its more about how you use it and too what degree. a well supervised cycle taken by someone who has properly educated themselves on all aspects of what there putting in there body and what effects it will have. is not a bad thing. Its when dipshit one gives dipshit two something toxic and substandard, and dipshit two sticks shitty needles into himself without monitoring dose or frequency. that dipshit two ends up with a destroyed liver and tiny teddys.

Just, if your gonna take it be smart and know what your putting in you. Same goes with most things.

yeah I know a lot of side effects are blown out of proportion, but still from what I've read about it all you still need to be smart about it. I'd probably give it a shot if I could get everything I wanted and needed for a safe effective cycle, but seeing as it's illegal it's hard to get anything... All I can get is friggen deca but seeing as how heaps of people get impotent off of it I don't really wanna give it a shot lol.

Just gotta be patient I guess.

i think it'd be pretty useless running deca by itself anyway.

though if i ran into some deca n test, i'd probably give it a crack! :p well maybe if i can actually stick to working hard at the gym for atleast a year or so

It's also blown out of proportion how blown out of proportion the side effects are.

Just because a few people produce these results doesn't mean you should become complacent. Sure using one or two cycles might not kill you. But whose to say it isn't the reason you have a heart attack at 50 instead of 80? There has never been a study to monitor this.

The fact is to get the results you are thinking of, you need to abuse roids - by that I mean taking amounts in levels higher than recommended for safe use.

The side effects of this is not good. I think poopoohead is jumping the gun by saying they are pretty harmless...

You really need to look more into the studies.

If you use it in cycles by the proper dosage, you dont need to abuse it to get those result he's "Supposidly thinking of".
And if you had read my entire post you would have read the bit about knowing exactly what your putting into your body and making sure you do the research.

There are alot of things you can do today that can shorten your life from 80 to 50, and I hate to break it to ya but bodybuilding is one of them, along with the types of foods you eat, Toxins you may be dealing with at work, fumes from cars. etc etc etc.

I dont jump guns, actually I have spent the last 6 years reading and pouring over studies about Human anatomy, roids and weightlifting. in an effort to understand my passion better. I also enjoy Harry Potter, and the occasional womens weekly.
You see I didnt just walk into a gym just yesterday, I had slog my own way from 76kg to 107kg so I know a thing or two. And I tend not to post opinions on serious topics unless I bring something real to the table.
Or someone my take my advise and kill themselves.

Last edited:
I'm not at any stage of training where roids would help me in any way, but I worked with a guy who had used them and he was on a few medications because of it. The side effects of what he was taking sounded much worse than any of the side effects of roids.

But like anything, if used correctly there should be no problem. There are plenty of forms of steroids being used for different reasons. My guess is that a lot of the problems come more from steroid abuse. Doubling the dose to get double the effect will usually give more than double the side effects regardless of the drug.

I smell bacon, this thread is a honey trap people! Flush the cocaine and eat your heroin!

Either im paranoid or your all Narcs trying to get me to talk about my roids.

I mean...

**Kindred jumps out the window and runs away**

Shut up pig :p

Youll never take me alive!

Thats not very nice, are you over at The Iron Dungeon still Kindred?
I have been for ages so i am no pig or youv'e been sniffing something again, who cares we've got you on camera and audio with all those confesions so just turn yourself in.:eek::confused::p
AZZA

Lol

I smell bacon, this thread is a honey trap people! Flush the cocaine and eat your heroin!

Either im paranoid or your all Narcs trying to get me to talk about my roids.

I mean...

**Kindred jumps out the window and runs away**

While thats hilarious, there may be some truth to it. Cops are worse than crims sometimes, so be careful guys...if you're doing something "the man" says isn't right and legal. Yes even if it's self harm, you don't have that right !

Besides, haven't you guys seen those docos on steriods changing your entire dna something or others....it makes you like a ticking time bomb where one day you coul just fall flat from a heart failure or something else nasty.

Just stick to te natural stuff, and play it safe.

There are steroids and there are steroids. Some are used routinely in medicine to help control inflammation or to help people put on mass after injury. The key here is the dose. Therapeutic dose's tend to be reasonably safe with well known side effects that can be identified early and you can then either have the type or dose of medication changed.

The problems that people have encountered with steroid ABUSE are because they are ABUSING the substance - they are not taking a therapeutic dose - they are taking sometimes 5 to 10 times the therapeutic dose and for long periods and from dodgy sources. I personally would never take steroids for building muscle, however I've had steroids prescribed by a doctor to help heal a back injury, I've had steroids prescribed to help with a bout bronchitis they didn't catch etc etc.

If you know what you are taking, you take it responsibly and you do the required tests over time to make sure you are not exhibiting side effects under the supervision of more than one doctor then I can't see a problem with it. Now..... Can any of you tell me you know someone who is TRULY taking roids to get big and actually has a clean source and is being monitored properly? I think you'll find the answer is no.

If anyone does take them I would suggest you contact a doctor and get them to monitor you, even visit him before you take them. He won't dob you in, he only cares about your health but more importantly about your money, lol

After personally seeing a mate pack on 17 kgs of mass in a short period of time it seems very tempting, lol. But I won't be taking them anytime soon.

I know of a few guys who take them and they are always short tempered and have back acne- not attractive regardless of awesome their muscles look! They are pretty secretive about the whole thing, obviously because it is illegal, but my guess is that since these guys aren't the sharpest pencils in the pack, they haven't done the research required. A relo of mine became very fond of them in the 80s, and once he came off them turned into quite the fatso.

Sure, most people who take steroids for bodybuilding don't end up impotent or having a heart attack, just like a majority of people who take any form of drug don't have serious side effects, but how many people who use them have the medical knowledge, skills and access to testing to make sure that they don't have any problems?