• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Peanut butter

I don't know if anyone else could be bothered making their own peanut butter, but I just got a new food processor, so I am slicing/dicing/blending everything in sight. Next is an attempt to make my own mince.

This is SUPER easy and cheap- peanut butter without all the crap.

Ingredients- 2 cups unsalted, shelled peanuts

Place peanuts into food processor. Blend until smooth paste forms (about 2-3 mins).

Spoon into sterilized jar.

Makes just over a cup of peanut butter and keeps for a couple of weeks.

You can do this with all different types of nuts, i.e. almonds and cashews.

It's only 3 bux per jar at the supermarket, so is it really worth making your own?
Dunno, you tell me.

i made the mistake of buying the crunchy version peanut butter, doesnt really get ground up too well in the blender, nearly barf when i get a mouthful of crunch bits at the bottom of my shakes hehe

Last edited:
i made the mistake of buying the crunchy version peanut butter, doesnt really get ground up too well in the blender, nearly barf when i get a mouthful of crunch bits at the bottom of my shakes hehe

lol that made me laugh. i've never considered adding penut butter to shakes...what was the benefits??

just to add more calories, i think one tablespoon of pb is roughly 150 calories :)

I'm going to start shopping where you do Shrek. The Sanitarium Natural stuff is almost $5 a jar here in the eastern suburbs. Ahhhh postcode tax.

lol that made me laugh. i've never considered adding penut butter to shakes...what was the benefits??

Tastes bloody good!
A bit of extra protein as well as a few nutrients.

I'm going to start shopping where you do Shrek. The Sanitarium Natural stuff is almost $5 a jar here in the eastern suburbs. Ahhhh postcode tax.
Yep, if you wanna live in the Eastern Subrubs you have to pay for it LOL. Why don't you come out west to do your shopping you might save a couple hundred bucks. ;)

too dam hot today to travel out west to pick up some peanut butter man, the stuff would have melted.... haha

I love the dick smith crunchy peanut butter. Its so addictive. mmm