• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

hydroxycut

K

Kat

hi! im guessing there probably is a thread floating around about this somewhere...
i've taken hyrdroxycut in the past for energy but my trainer didn't approve- i was also told it wasn't good to take if you are trying to put on some muscle as itmade you loose muscle...what are the pro's and cons of it in reality and is it worth a serious look at or is it better to invest in some supplements? i was also told to take it only if my cardio was good. what are your opinions?

I was under the impression this was for weight loss, not muscle gain. So yes, it would be terrible if you're trying to gain muscle.

hi! im guessing there probably is a thread floating around about this somewhere...
i've taken hyrdroxycut in the past for energy but my trainer didn't approve- i was also told it wasn't good to take if you are trying to put on some muscle as itmade you loose muscle...what are the pro's and cons of it in reality and is it worth a serious look at or is it better to invest in some supplements? i was also told to take it only if my cardio was good. what are your opinions?

It wont make you loose muscle in a sence. I can see what your trainer may have been trying to say. Its very similar to your body going into a catabolic state. It will eat your muscle tissue. But if you diet is high in good quality food and feeding your body every 2-3 hours. You will get better results using a thermo such as Hydroxycut. Some people only use these types of supplements before they do cardio for more energy and more calories being burn't. But if that was the case and you where still trying to gain muscle i would be sipping on BCAA's whilst your doing cardio.

Cheers

Caffeine / L-Taurine / L-Tyrosine and Green tea blend, great for energy whether trying to gain muscle or fat loss.

Last edited:
i don't mean to sound like a complete dumbass but whats BCAA's? :) also

'caffeine / L-Tauraine / L-Tyrosine and Green tea blend, great for energy whether trying to gain muscle or fat loss. '

...thank you that sounds awesome...is that something i can buy all together or something that should be mixed up? *feel so stupid not knowing these things!'
thank you for replying, thats very helpful :)

BCAA's are Branch Chaein Amino Acid's which can help prserve muscle when fasting.

The other things i listed should be sourced separetely, alresady capped or in powder form.