• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

beating bad foods!

K

Kat

hey everyone! i'm hopeing you guys can share some tips on beating bad eating habits? im 49 kilos so loosing weight is definitly not a goal but getting some nice muscle is. going to the gym and training isn't the problem....its the drive through mcdonalds late at night and kfc...i just don't find that any really healthy foods i buy or cook taste as good as the bad stuff. what do you do as a way around this? also any ideas about what snaks actually taste good and fill you up. the other problem i find is eating before a workout- i hate it, i usually start training around 6am and the last thing i want to do is eat at that time, yet when i tried a shake about 30 mins before training i felt sick naseous quicker than normal. any suggestions- what does evryone else do? thank you! any and all help is appreciated! have an awesome day! :D

hi kat!

i have the same problem... kfc and maccas are just down the road for me... god i love triple cheese bugers, thank god im trying to put on weight.

i also usually train at 6ish... i've never really eaten breakfast before going i started going to the gym, eating is such a chore. thank god for shakes... i take one before work out, then afterwards i usually eat a sandwich on the way to work, takes forever to get it down though :(

Oh hai Kat :)

Some people seem to have great genetics, like you.
At 49kg, you can get away with eating some junk once in a while, don't feel too guilty.
The thing that really makes the bad stuff tasty is the juicy fats and salt.
You just can't beat it for taste, unless you are a gourmet chef, which not many people are.

With your pre-workout meal, any chance you could take it a bit earlier?
Or even train in a fasted state, if you can.

Good luck.

I also frequent maccas a tad too often, usualy when i have missed a meal, or running late for work and dont have time to prepare anything..

The best bet if you cant steer away, is to try to make a healthier choice at the box, ie go the grilled chicken burger, or fillet o fish rather than the double quarter pounder, failing that get one of the healthier burgers and finish on a cheese burger leaves you with that fatty saucy taste, and full while and you have saved heaps of fat.

Or just read the product breakdown on the wrapping that alone might deter you.

I also cant move in the morning, but could quite easily go to gym at midnight and love it.. are you able to do your workout in the evenings?

maybe have a big slow release protein or low gi meal before bed so in the morning you are fueled ready to go, and then a quick top off of some carbs, cereal or fruit, maybe some yogurt. just to get your metabolism firing again..Once you have done the workout then hit the shake or a decent breakfast. I usually cant eat strait up, so I just have a cup o tea and then think about food an hour later.

thanks!

thank you for replying! lol it seems im not the oly one who has a weakness for maccies...cheeseburger with meat n cheese only- nothing like it! i think i'll give training in the evenings a go, its worth a shot :) maccies is literally one minute from my house and on the way to work a hash brown is soooo good. museli is not :-( note to self- must stop whoring my diet out to drive thru maccies. lol :)
i agree with andy though eating is such a chore, if i could just drink all meals that'd be so great- how do you guys eat enough though? the amounts of food i need to eat for muscle growth i just can't stomach- at what point do you rely on several shakes to help? i only use 1 or 2 whey protien shakes a day- are there any benefits to using several kinds of supplements? and whats the idea behing building 'stacks' of supplements...is it just a combination of various shakes? what do you do?

i've only just started working out, so i dont have much of an idea yet. though at the moment im relying on 2 shakes a day, they're giving me roughly 600 calories each. apart from that i try and eat a few natural peanut butter sandwiches to up the calories also. i think my PT said i should be aiming around the 3200calorie mark or something, but i havent really been keeping any count at the moment.... just trying to eat as much food as i can...

KAT I sort of sit in the same boat as you I am naturally skinny,and go to gym for some mass and shape.. Eating 5 meals a day is impossible, I am lucky to get two decent feeds a day. I do try to eat as much as possile when given the chance, but time restraints for lunch breaks and shift work stuffs it all. You also need to watch how much fatty stuff you get, when pigging out so to speak, it could all go badly rather fast...

I have a shake before gym, and any time i feel I need to top up as I haven't eaten properly, having a good meal is allways best and what I would like to do.

I notice if i haven't eaten well for a day I will wake up feeling very hungry, but cant eat much as it makes me feel sick, so I have a cuppa, and then breakfast 30mins later.. having a decent breaky really kicks off the day well, get creative with eggs, they are usually pretty quick to prepare. , my favorite is a chicken fratata..

Just try to graze all day. if you hav eto go teh shake option more than twice really value add to it, most things can really effect the taste so experimenting is essential, planty of good ideas in the nutrition area, Current favorite is 500ml milk, 2 scoops protein ~ 45g, banana, and frozen berries, simple quick if its hot and for after gym, for a better carbo hit i add ice cream. the berries really take the edge off the banana

As for training in the evening i read something and I tend to agree personally, hitting the gym in the morning will help burn more calories, as the body is starved from the long fast overnight, gym in the evening you will find you are much stronger, unles you have a manual lifting type of job. heavier weights means better lifts = bigger. gives you way more time to get the food perfectaly timed for a good workout..