• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Quinoa

SubCom

Does anyone eat this?

It is chocked full of protein...1KG is 8 bucks at the grain store in the Adelaide Markets.

I mixed some with fruit and yoghurt for Bfast. An alternative to eggs at least :)

Remember meat, poultry and dairy protein is better than plant or vegetable protein, but no I have not tried it.

Probably taste like crap... :)

Well I guess if it's as good as written why not give it a go.

No I haven't tried it, but I have seen it mentioned heaps of times in receipes and yes I believe it is protein packed. My question is......where do you get it from? I have looked high and low for it, mind you I live in Bundaberg so that may be why I can't find it anywhere.

Supermarkets are now stocking Quinoa in their health food section. A lot of the health food stores have it as well these days. Its great as a replacement in dishes for rice and cous cous or pasta.

Note: I'm not a body builder, I'm a triathlete, but I signed up to this site cause body builders know a great deal about health and nutrition so my nutritional.

I chuck a bit of quinoa in my oats every now and then. It is fine. If you like oats you will like quinoa.

I had some for the first time last night and boiled it as per instructions on the packet. It soaks up flavour really well and digests easily. I found it lighter then rice and quite pleasant.

It doesn't have all that much protein it it.

I just noticed something the other day which suprised me, soup mix.
It had 4 ingredients, somthing like split green peas, beans, lentils, barley grain, an even 25% of each in quantity.
Suprisingly, this has over 21g protein and 60g carbs, no sugar or fat, per 100g.
Not a complete protein, but you could supplement this.
Should be good for you too.

Now just to think of a way of consuming 100g easily without cooking it, hate cooking.
Might grind it up and drink it down.