• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Oat Power Pancakes

B

Bevoss

This is my favourite healthy breakfast now:

1 egg, beaten with a whisk in a jug

1/3 cup of lowfat milk, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (I use MVP pro Whey)...shake up until dissolved, add to egg

1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 pinch celtic salt

whisk it up until mixed properly, then add

1/2 cup rolled oats (I use the cheap home brand from Woolies at $1 for 1.2Kgs, tastes the same and lasts ages)

mix that in well

spray a small non-stick pan with canola oil, heat on a medium flame

add the mixture, spread out the oats with a spoon to get an even thickness

cook 3-4 minutes a side

When finished, top with low fat yoghurt (I like the Black Swan Greek), fresh Blueberries and Strawberries

Awesome! And healthy...keeps me going for ages. :)

I calculate 40g Protein, 31g carbs, 11 grams of fat, plus the yoghurt and fruit...plenty of protein, slow-digesting carbs, oaty goodness, soluble fibre, vitamins minerals and phyto-nutrients.

When a recipe says oats, does that mean dry or pre cooked?
Everytime I use dry oats it soaks up all the liquid and I have to use
more and in the case of pancakes, that are cooked relatively quickly,
the oats are always half cooked.

When a recipe says oats, does that mean dry or pre cooked?
Everytime I use dry oats it soaks up all the liquid and I have to use
more and in the case of pancakes, that are cooked relatively quickly,
the oats are always half cooked.

I used dry rolled oats for this, I assume they are healthier (and cheaper). As long as the oats aren't chewy once cooked, I'm happy. Try turning the heat down once they are in the pan to cook them slower.

I've experimented with various amounts of milk here, the above works about best for me. I cook them straight away, if you leave them overnight they will soak up the fluid, the one time I cooked them like that they still came out ok though.

Edit: just to add, sliced banana and kiwifruit is awesome on this as well!

Last edited: