• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein powder question

trofius

HEy all want to order some protein powder, probably get 2.5kg WPI from Protein direct.

I am currently using some musashi stuff (loaded protein) that has all sorts of vitamins etc added.

If i get the Pure protein will I have to add anything else to it? (apart from flavours, bananas, berries etc)

Do I need to add carbs to it?
any other amino acids etc?

Should I just be taking a vitamin sup or other suppliments to help out.

I use the shake as a meal replacement if i am out of time to cook, and as a before and after gym top up.

If it makes any difference i usually dissolve the powder in some warm water and then add milk.

Thanks
Mick

I just ordered the same thing from protein direct, ordered yesterday and received today. Bloody awesome.

I get the unflavoured protein, because it is $10 cheaper, and I can add my own flavours later (like milo, coffee, sardines etc).

I recommend taking a multivitamin (cenovis have a good one), you don't want to get your vitamins from your protein powder, because if you have your protein powder three or four times throughout the day you are getting way too many vitamins.

It is often recommended to have a protein shake with creatine monohydrate half an hour before your work out, and again half an hour after your workout. I recommend taking it with skim milk with a teaspoon of sugar and milo. The refined sugars give you an insulin boost which help deliver protein to the cells when they need it the most (this is the accepted wisdom at the moment).

I recommend using the shake as a meal replacement, but still have three proper meals a day (for a total of six or seven small meals). There are some people in this forum (*cough* hulk) who recommend near starvation, stick with the basics and keep your body fuelled to build muscle.

I just ordered the same thing from protein direct, ordered yesterday and received today. Bloody awesome.

I get the unflavoured protein, because it is $10 cheaper, and I can add my own flavours later (like milo, coffee, sardines etc).

Hey, don't steal my sardine idea !!!
I'm planning on making powdered sardine flavouring to sell to all these protein powder companies.
You can even drink the powdered sardine dust mixed with plain water for a protein boost, tastes great too.

Do I need to add carbs to it?
any other amino acids etc?

hi

I make a 50% mix of malto and dexto carbs with my protein and that is handy and what you need after a work out easy obsorted and complex carbs!

thanks guys!

Can you Recomend a good place for creatine monohydrate..?

Sardines.........there are some sick buggers in here. lol

Hi, hope you don't mind if I bump this thread up, because I have a question about the protein from protein direct.

I'd been looking for a PP and have considered Optimum Nutrition, Dymatize, etc. I'd just settled on Dymatize Elite Whey when I came across this thread.

Can I ask how the protein from protein direct is different from, say, Dymatize Elite Whey?

I'm mainly looking for PP to use as post workout shakes.

Cheers :)
katie

Elite whey is a blend of WPC & WPI is I'm not mistaken. Also Dymatize is imported from the US while PD is a local company.

Thanks. As I'm a relative newbie, sounds like I don't need to be too concerned about the difference between WPC and WPI - as long as I'm getting some whey into me after a workout. So either one would be fine I guess? PD works out slightly cheaper so maybe that's the way to go.

Thanks. As I'm a relative newbie, sounds like I don't need to be too concerned about the difference between WPC and WPI - as long as I'm getting some whey into me after a workout. So either one would be fine I guess? PD works out slightly cheaper so maybe that's the way to go.

Wow, talk about being the ultimate procrastinator. I first joined ausbb to find out more about protein powders and 3 months later I still haven't ordered! Anyway, PM'd Julian on the sizematters forums to see if he had any samples, if they taste nice I'll be ordering from him soon.