• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Injuries from fun...

So I backed up for indoor again.

New blisters - just sprayed them with metho. Stung a fair bit, but it's helped.

I have done something to my groin, but not too bad, I can walk (with a bit of pain and discomfort). Actually its sore even just sitting here, but i can still use it.

I also had a head clash, the guy was shorter than me, knocked me on the chin. I can no longer clench my jaw or chew. But its not heaps painful or swollen and I can still talk. so I'm pretty confident it's not broken.

But it's still a mad fun game. I'll be back next week.

Post about your recreations that cause you injuries but you keep going back. (bodybuilder/weights excluded)

excluding those because it is a given everyone does it and probably has had injuries from it...

I thought it was inferred, but I guess it's hard to pick up from text some times.

Its cool Bro
I had a motorcycle accident wen I was 18 years old and its screwed up my foot so I waddle a little and stand funny cos my left foot is crooked. Im 32 now and still love motor bikes (missus wont let me have one)

I have a crazy bad knee injury. My left knee dislocated and the surrounding cartalige and muscle tore and the ligaments snapped.

I did it doing Tae Kwan Do but I still sometimes find myself going back to a martial arts/combat sports every couple of years even tho I know its just gonna end in disaster.

Same thing happens with doing squats. I want to do them but get pawned every time. The heaviest I got to was 70kg before my knees got pawned. This time around my heaviest was 30 something kg and now I cant do body weight squats. But like a fool I will try do it again on Friday when I have my next session probably haha.

I have a crazy bad knee injury. My left knee dislocated and the surrounding cartalige and muscle tore and the ligaments snapped.

I did it doing Tae Kwan Do but I still sometimes find myself going back to a martial arts/combat sports every couple of years even tho I know its just gonna end in disaster.

Same thing happens with doing squats. I want to do them but get pawned every time. The heaviest I got to was 70kg before my knees got pawned. This time around my heaviest was 30 something kg and now I cant do body weight squats. But like a fool I will try do it again on Friday when I have my next session probably haha.

Did you have a reconstruction?
I did the same thing without the disclocation playing indoor cricket.
The knee was already a bit dodgy but one night I stretched out to make
the crease and because of the type of surface my foot gripped (didn`t slip)
and my body kept moving.
Result,2 operations over 7 months,1 year not being able to run and 2 years total out of sport.
Heavy squats are out for me and on a bad day even body weight squats hurt but mostly it is OK.

BTW, what is "indoor"?

Last edited:
The surgeon I went to said If i had the op id be unable to walk for a long time and need loads of rehab. So I decided against it. As it was it took a few months to walk without crutches but I can walk ok now. I only have issues with squats and any movement that use the same sort of movements. It hurts a bit to walk up stairs but not that bad.

The surgeon I went to said If i had the op id be unable to walk for a long time and need loads of rehab.

I was told the same thing but weighing it all up I was only 20 going on 21 and two years out of sport was a better option than putting up with it for the rest of my life.Plus the high likelihood of arthritis and other probs at a relatively young age made up my mind for me.

I was told the same thing but weighing it all up I was only 20 going on 21 and two years out of sport was a better option than putting up with it for the rest of my life.Plus the high likelihood of arthritis and other probs at a relatively young age made up my mind for me.

From the sound of it you get the same sort of pain I get. Do you do any form of squats?

From the sound of it you get the same sort of pain I get. Do you do any form of squats?

Not very often.I do sumo squats (with a 20-24kg dumbell to my chest) with not a lot of trouble usually but regular squats are mostly out.Sometimes body weight squats.Leg press is usually ok.
I can do leg extensions no worries but curls sometimes give me hell.
I go through periods of sometimes months with no problems but every now and then it feels like something is catching in my knee joint and it hurts like crazy.Other times it`s general stiffness.
I would recommend a reco.Maybe have a chat to your doc and see what he says.

I've got bruises on one of my knees from ****ing a chick on Friday.

Her bed must have thin padding between the springs or something, because it's never happened before.

I'd been doing free-running/parkour for several years with no major injuries but now I'm currently recovering from a fractured calcaneus. I shattered my heel bone doing Parkour and had to have surgery to have it screwed back together with titanium. which sucks because I have been told not to run/jump/kung fu kick for 6 months to a year.

I also used to fight alot for fun before I got enough self-disclipline from the kung fu to wisen up a bit so I guess I should include a missing tooth and multiple concussions while Im talking about it.

BMX for about 12 years. multiple injuries but my knees seem to be the only joints with lingering pain. never actually broke a bone though i chipped a few. worst two injuries i think were a ruptured calf muscle and nearly peeling my bottom lip back from my jaw from a big face plant

i fell off a train platform (regent station ) on the epping line in melbourne , got winded just laid there for agers hoping a train didn't come .... wasn't very fun but i was on my way out to meet up with someone

i fell off a train platform (regent station ) on the epping line in melbourne , got winded just laid there for agers hoping a train didn't come .... wasn't very fun but i was on my way out to meet up with someone
Obviously it went un-noticed or surely someone would have helped????