• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein - How much and how often?

Interesting read Shrek. Unsure how to take this though. I guess I will have to do some testing with my meals and see if I notice any difference in muscle mass when reducing the number of meals I eat in 1 day. Obviously there will not be a noticable difference over night, so it's going to take a while.

I read this on another forum previously.
From what I understand, I agree with it.

I have been cutting on 3 meals/day for the last 6 weeks, 2 more to go.
When I start bulking again, will probably still be on 3-4 meals/day, and expect great results.

I've noticed some bulk protein powders being sold in Concentrate or Isolate (unflavoured/mildly flavoured), which of the two is the better choice? I'm thinkin of switching from my previous one (ON Gold Standard). thanx on any advice.

Depends on your goals. If you buliking WPC is fine, it's about 80% protein and slightly slower in digestion than WPI, but lots cheaper and does the trick.
If you are on a carb restrited diet or are counting calries as part of a fat loss diet then WPI may be thego.
I use WPC pretty much all year round, I don't see the need to spend the extra cash on WPI, I prefer to spend it on free form aminos.