• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

bsn nitrix

jasol88

hay all i desided to go tablets this time over powder for my preworkout drink so i got nitrix, brought it from a1supplements but it didnt list the directions on there site anywayz got it today and on the front it says its a am to pm vaso-muscular volumizer, and on the directions says take 3 tabs morning 3 at lunch and 3 at dinner, i was after a preworkout supp not a whole day. can i just take these b4 my workout like most NO supps? if so how many?

I would take it as directed, obviously BSN belieive it is the best way to take this product.
Maybe you should have read the directions before purchasing.

i brought it off the net there was no directions, i just asumed being a NO supp the idea was to give you a pump for a workout not one in the morning then lunch and then dinner anyhow i used it b4 my workout seamed ok

It won't hurt to use it only pre-workout, but to get the full effect (if there is any) I would use it as directed.

anywayz got it today and on the front it says its a am to pm vaso-muscular volumizer, and on the directions says take 3 tabs morning 3 at lunch and 3 at dinner, i was after a preworkout supp not a whole day. can i just take these b4 my workout like most NO supps? if so how many?

like you said its an all day vaso-muscular volumaizer, not a pre workout supp, it supposed to be used in conjunction with a pre workout supp to help maintain your workout pumps and to constantly increase your vascularity, with constant usage at full dosage this product does work but IMO its probably not worth it! you could prolly buy a bulk arginine powder and supplement with that in between meals throughout the day and acheive similar results for a fraction of the cost.

it sais you should take 3 at a time if your under 200lbs.. I take 9 a day, 3 in the morning with my breakfast and shake, 3 before training and 3 after training. Its something which is a long term thing not something that works in a week.

Team that up with Cell Mass and N.O Xplode. Works good. Iv never had pumps like these before. But for the price you pay for the BSN Mass stack is borderline of being worth your wile.. I'd still recommend it.

its all well and good to get a bigger pump, but micro tearing fibers and GH response to stimulus + testosterone is what will build muscle.

Perhaps you missed my thread on why you should throw your pre-workout junk in the bin or take it in the morning or non workout days.

Here is the very short run down for you:
Your body produces HGH it also has ANTI-GH also known as somatostatin.
This anti GH regulates how much GH is put out etc...

When you take arginine it will compete for the anti GH and thus increase GH output by 100%.....yay!.....when compared to resting GH levels.

When you exercise dependant on intensity GH output is from 300-500% when compared to resting levels.....yay again!.
Exercise also competes with Anti-GH in its action of inducing more GH secretion.

Now it seems a no brainer right? if agrinine induces a 100% increase in GH and exercise is from 300-500% if you combine them it should be a massive increase?.......WRONG!

Because they both compete for anti-GH at the same time they get cought up in it all and GH levels are only raise by 200%.

Here is the thread also contained in it is all the scientific evidence in pubmed journals to support this. http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-supplements/8586-arginine-gh-response.html

Enjoy your workouts use caffeine only if you need a stimulant.

Last edited:
are there many caffeine based stimulants that can be purchased? or just make a cuppa before gym?

There are TONS of caffeine based pre workout drinks available. It is actually hard to find one without caffeine.

its all well and good to get a bigger pump, but micro tearing fibers and GH response to stimulus + testosterone is what will build muscle.

Perhaps you missed my thread on why you should throw your pre-workout junk in the bin or take it in the morning or non workout days.

while a dose of arginine might decrease secretion from 400+ to %200 during workout or after workout, an extra 3 doses throughout the day will also increase hormone secretion levels at the time of the dosage plus the extra benefits that arginine has.
ARGININE = GOOD

meh decided to read you other post and it seems we agree that arginine is good, you just doont think it should be taken pre-workout, i cant use your other thread to make me believe that i shouldnt take arginine pre-workout because the experiment only talk about arginines affects on gh levels, when there are alot more factors that should be takin into consideration when deciding if it should be used pre-workout or not.

meh decided to read you other post and it seems we agree that arginine is good, you just doont think it should be taken pre-workout, i cant use your other thread to make me believe that i shouldnt take arginine pre-workout because the experiment only talk about arginines affects on gh levels, when there are alot more factors that should be takin into consideration when deciding if it should be used pre-workout or not.

Maybe you need to re-read it, there is 2 clinical trials that have been done on this in the following manner:
http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/reprint/00285.2006v1.pdf

ARG
ARG + EXE - 260.5 ? 76.8 min?ng/ml
PLACEBO + EXE
EXE - 508.7 ? 169.6 min?ng/ml

Integrated GH area under the curve was significantly higher on the Ex day (508.7 ? 169.6 min?ng/ml; P < 0.05) than on any of the other study days. Arg+Ex (260.5 ? 76.8 min?ng/ml) resulted in a greater response than the placebo day but not significantly greater than the Arg day. The GH half-life and half duration were not influenced by the stimulus administered. The GH secretory burst mass was larger, but not significantly, on the Arg, Ex, and Arg+Ex day than the placebo day. Endogenous GH production rate (Ex > Arg+Ex > Arg > placebo) was greater on the Ex and Arg+Ex day than on the placebo day (P < 0.05) but there were no differences between the Ex and Arg+Ex day. Oral arginine alone (7 g) stimulated GH release, but a greater GH response was seen with exercise alone. The combined effect of arginine before exercise attenuates the GH response. Autonegative feedback possibly causes a refractory period such that when the two stimuli are presented there will be suppression of the somatotrope.

MAYBE HAVE A GOOD READ OF THAT AND ANYTHING YOU DONT UNDERSTAND USE A DICTIONARY OR GOOGLE!

In daily use Arginine is great and in night time use even greater as within the first 20mins of sleep GH is releases in pulses with arginine these pulses should be larger.
A good friend of mine trains at the VIS and is an olympic athlete, she is on my forum and stated she always uses Arginine before bed as she has always been instructed to do so.

The benefits vs the negatives:

Benefits:
1 Daily use will help hold a positive nitrogen balance and protein transpostation should be greater
2 GH release when resting
3 Appear more vascular or pumped during training.

Negatives:
1 decreases highly anabolic hormone GH output when exercise is combined with it's use

Ok so it seems they are all good things except having less GH secretion.
The question needs to be asked: Why does my body secrete more GH when i exercise? Im sure the answer should be easy for most, its needed for many reasons to help aid recovery increase muscle size and growth.

If we were to say that all arginine did was decrease your GH levels when you workout which is probably the most important time GH is required...hence why your body release alot of it would you still use it? No

Now ofcourse it has daily benefits, and imo the daily benefits would far outweigh the pump you could obtain in the gym especially as this is the time GH is greater required thats why the body releases it.

All in all no matter how you use it, it will not have any major benefits that would be noticable and also a positive nitrogen balance cannot be obtained with arginine only reular food ie every 2 to 3hrs is what will hold the PNB, the arginine will just increase the effects.

Last edited: