• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

bicep curls suk

poopoohead

I have had pretty severe tendonitis in both my inner elbows for years.
So I am no good doing db or bar curls with palms up.
However I can do Hammer curls in the traditional way with palms in toward me.
I can also do half curls on the curl machine to pump blood into the biceps.

However Im worried that if I continue to do hammers in that way that my biceps will always look slightly long and kinda narrow instead of Fat like I want em.

What to you guys reckon, will it make a difference.

Buy the way I did receive medical attention for my tendonitis and I do on occasion see a physio. (I can still lift, Doctor said I could)

I say doing hammer curls is better than doing no curls.
Suppose you can't do heavy chins palms facing you either?

Nah, anything like that puts me back to square one and I end up having to lay off direct arm work for weeks.
I still get good size out of my arms compared to most, but I also know that my genetics is perfect for fat biceps, which can be fairly uncommon. I notice a lot of lifters can suffer with pancake arms.
I can hanlde a little EZ bar work and cable curls cos I can hold my hands on a slight angle, but cable curls though they seem to target the bicep still feel like bad tech.

Interesting, I suffer severe RSI (so much I changed from a computer programmer to a nurse). I feel your pain :)

Best advice, stick with what doesn't aggravate. Anything that doesn't aggrevate is either benine or good.

Ive got the same issues, i'm trying to find compression sleeves this weekend for my Monday Arm and chest workout. Ive been told that they work well in preventing the tendon stress?? Anyone know where i can get these?

hhmm checked around some northside places this arvo, no stock, where in bris did you find them?

I have the same problem in my right arm.
Try starting with a hammer curl and rotating the dumbells outward as you lift.
Experiment a bit and find the point where you can turn them outwards without feeling any pain or discomfort.
Of course it is not as effective as regular curls but it is better than nothing.
I use a Phiten supporter but don`t know if they are sold in Oz.Dunno if the titanium really works or if it is psychological but they tape and supporter but worked for me.
Phiten USA