• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Chicken recipes for brown rice

Not exciting, but poached chicken and boiled rice. As clean as it gets! Add some steamed broccoli to spice things up.

More seriously, if you have skills in the kitchen, make a vegetable based tomato sauce like you would use for pasta. Garlic, tinned tomatoes, fresh basil, heaps of veg like capsicum and zucchini. Spray oil in pan, quickly soften garlic (can add finely chopped onion, but watch the carbs), brown cubed chicken, chuck in veg for a couple of minutes, add tin of tomatoes and reduce. Just before at the type of consistency you like, add in some torn basil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve on top of cokked brown rice.

Also make friends with a crock pot. Can make awesome stews.

chicken + french onion soup - maybe a little high in sodium for some but it always comes out the goods.

nice will have to try :)

anyone else? atm for this week im having foreman plain grilled c breast with plain steamed brown rice :(

Here's what I do, might give you some ideas.
- Wrap the chicken breast in foil and cook in the oven for about 25mins. (I cook a couple at a time then refrigerate the ones i don't use to use the next day)
- Cook about a cup (uncooked measurement) of basmati rice (again what I don't use I refreigerate to use with left over chicken)
- Pour some simmer sauce over the chicken and rice and take to work. The simmer sauce that I buy is either from woolies or coles and comes in lots of different flavours like butter chicken, peanut satay or tikka masala, that way I can mix up the flavour and its really easy to make.

Here's what I do, might give you some ideas.
- Wrap the chicken breast in foil and cook in the oven for about 25mins. (I cook a couple at a time then refrigerate the ones i don't use to use the next day)

how is the chicken the next day? does it become dry and really hard to eat??

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it does become hard after being refrigerated, but because I add the sauce then heat it up in the microwave at work it's fine.