• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

L-Arginine

Ricko

I picked up some L-Arginine tonight after reading abit from this thread

http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-supplements/75-supplements-what-do-you-take-4.html

I thought it deserved a a thread all on its own

So who takes it? When do you take it? and do you mix with any other supplement like your shakes or your daily creatine?

What differences have you noticed scince taking it? Or Havent?
:cool:

A Quick Wiki gave me some good insite, though this last part is concerning :eek:

"A clinical trial found that patients taking an L-arginine supplement following a heart attack didn't improve in their vascular tone or their hearts' ability to pump. In fact, more patients died who were taking L-arginine than placebo and the study was stopped early with the recommendation the supplement not be used by heart attack patients. The supplement still is widely marketed."

Following a heart attack....

Have you had a heart attack?

Arginine is decent stuff, there is heaps in most supps these days though so you don't really need to go buy some on it's own.

I've used as a pre-workut supp with Lysine. Seems Ok.
If you try it Ricko tell us your thoughts on it.

I've used as a pre-workut supp with Lysine. Seems Ok.
If you try it Ricko tell us your thoughts on it.

This is what I did.

Also tried it in the morning first thing on an empty stomach - supposed to work as a secretagogue for GH.

All I know is the stuff tastes terrible. hahaha

But I believe it worked on some level. Definitely saw differences I wouldn't normally have seen at that point.

agree with the taste comment, i almost spewed it! kept it down and getting used to it now.

I have been doing some research on arginine , a study in rome and other varies medical sources on the net says that the form of arginine must be arginine pyrogltamate, 1200mg of this + 1200mg of lysine hcl, is suposed to bring a marked increase in growth hormone levels ( peaking at 90 mins after injestion ), some reasearch also says stacking with nican or orthanine will amplify the effect.

I made the mistake of buying plain L arginine , apparently it competes with lysine for uptake so it is recommended the 2 are not taken together ,

Arginine pyroglutamate is more exspensive than just plain arginine, Iam going to order some arginine pyroglutamate from the amino guy and mix with lysine , also add some orthinine for good measure, let you know how it goes

L-Dopa

If you are after Growth hormone increase you have to try Murcana Pureins Or simply put L-Dopa I have found L-Dopa really gives you restful sleep, and if you take enough of it on a consistent basis it will increase you Growth hormone Levels naturally.

I found it to be better than using the amino combinations of Lysine, Arginine furthermore if you suffer from coldsores L-Arginine will make them worse, and more frequent.

apiewithhoboliftingaroma tried I-GH-1 and i think he found it to be beneficial

Click here for more info on this nutrient

BodyBuilding Supplements | Diet Pills | Libido | HGH Releasers | Prohormones | GABA | Arginine | Tongkat Ali | Tribulus Terrestris | Sexual Health