• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Who counts calories - accurately?

Who counts their calories - accurately

• Yes, I do.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No, I don't bother.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm Kindred, do donuts have lots of calories ?

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

The Hulk

Active Member, Site Advertiser
I'm wondering who actually keeps a good track of their diet.
I have just started a new diet and am required to count calories, accurately too.
Never before, have I counted calories in my life.
I could probably guess to within 1000 or so calories, but never accurate to within a few %.

Now that I have been counting and tracking for one week, I feel much more in control and have a much greater understanding of foods and their macronutrient breakdowns. This will be useful for the rest of my life and naturally makes me feel like eating clean.
I've been a dirty eater my whole life until this past week.

Who else has strong control over their diet?

I've been counting cals for a while now and have a list of my main meals serving size and cal content. Its pretty accurate and having a list saves alot of time.

I've been counting cals for a while now and have a list of my main meals serving size and cal content. Its pretty accurate and having a list saves alot of time.

Same here, I wrote out a list of the common foods I eat.
When I need to make up something for a meal like:
80g protein, 63g carbs, 7.5g fat
I just look through my list of foods and put together a combination which will bring me usually to within a few grams of each macronutrient.
Only started one week ago, but it's getting easy now, as some combinations can just be eaten over and over again, so no recalculating required.

I only count when I'm cutting or in calorie deficit, when I bulk i don't care as long as it's plenty.. hahahahah

I've been using CalorieKing to track food and exercise. I only do it so I think about food before I scoff it down. Now and then I have a day where I don't bother (a cheat day I guess) though I try to keep them as rare as I can. I'm not looking to be super accurate but it has let me know just how awesome the chilli dog/custard cream donut and mocha chill combo really isn't.

It's easy enough to weigh and count calories if it's a steak and vege or something, but if I come home late and dinner's already cooked, it's a guessing game anyway.

It's like doing a financial budget. It's not so much about seeing what you're doing right but what you're doing wrong. I still don't mind the chilli dog, donut and mocha combo now and then too if I've got a couple of hours at the gym that night, I think real sportsmen call it carbo loading :)