• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How many meals per day ?

How many meals a day do you eat

• Zero, I'm on a 40 day water fast...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Meal

• 2 Meals

• 8 Meals

• 9 or more, I live to eat...

• Total voters

The Hulk

Active Member, Site Advertiser
How many meals do you eat per day on average?

I would regard a meal as something like a protein shake as the minimum.

always been a six mealer a day, but in the last few months i've gone to 3 bigger meals a day and it's made no overal difference apart from being more convenient

I used to do about 6 a day too, but have also reduced to 3 per day.
As you say Franklins, it's so much more convenient.

Calories are calories at the end of the day.....

Show me.
So if I have my breakfast consisting on 3000 cals, I shouldn't have to eat again?
Gimme a break man.

I can show you a heaps of studies suggesting eating regularly increases your metabolism and avoids huge spikes in blood sugar levels.

Although I have read that eating frequent meals does not speed up metabolism. Go figure.

Show me.
So if I have my breakfast consisting on 3000 cals, I shouldn't have to eat again?
Gimme a break man.

Although I have read that eating frequent meals does not speed up metabolism. Go figure.

The 3000 calorie meal would best be consumed post workout.
Also, it should comprise of a suitable macronutrient breakdown.
Then yes, why would it be a problem?
The only problem would be the meal would be massive and bloat you badly, so all calories in one single meal is a bit extreme, but you could probably get way with 2 daily meals.

Show me.

I will do just that.
One week ago I have started an new diet aiming for maximum fat loss and maximum muscle retention.
I now consume 3 meals per day, previously was on 6 meals/day and going crazy with preparation, eating times, thinking I'll go catabolic if I go 1 hour past my scheduled meal time, so wrong.......
1st meal is after 3pm in the afternoon and last meal is 11pm at night.
So basically, I don't eat all day, which means I get so much more work done now.
All meals have around 90 grams of protein, many people will think the human body can only absorb 30-40grams and the rest will just float off into space somewhere and be wasted.

So far so good, from 89kg at 17%bf, I'm down 1-2kg and it's definately not muscle mass which is lost in such a short time.

Will keep you updated and let you know when I hit 10%.
When I get there, I will lean bulk from then on, keeping a low bodyfat.
I will use the same daily eating schedule to bulk, just need to increase the calories.

The pics will reveal all.

I normally eat 4 - 5 small meals, counting all the cals.
I'm also a beliver in thefrequent meals speeds up metabolism theory.

I'm also a beliver in the frequent meals speeds up metabolism theory.

Many people do believe this, but why?
Because they heard or read about it in a book or online forum?
Because everybody else follows this principle so it must be right?

Have you tried both ways to compare?

I've tried counting cals with 3 meals a day and the same cals with 4-5 meals a day.
The 4-5 meals per day seems to work better for me. I have more energy and just feel better in general.
I've also tried 2 meals a day, but I just felt overfull and tired.

What I generally do is prepare breakfast and lunch then split them in half, so 2 become 4:)

I used to do about 6 a day too, but have also reduced to 3 per day.
As you say Franklins, it's so much more convenient.

Calories are calories at the end of the day.....

I heard the body can't process more than 50g of protein in one serving, hense the need to eat regularly.

Certain proteins like meats can take a long time to process, it's not like the body will reject all protein once 50g is exceeded.