• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein Pancake: The Ultimate Naughty Snack!

PowerPagan

We all enjoy a bit of a binge from time to time, so heres something I came up with which SEEMS naughty, but is actually REALLY GOOD!

Chocolate Pancakes!

40gm Gluten flour (available from health food shops for $5 per 500gm)
6gm Cocoa Powder (No, not chocolate nesquick! Pure Cocoa)
1 egg
18gm powdered skim milk
Stevia to taste (about 6-8 drops)
Optional mint flavouring. I use essential oil; 1 drop

Mix the dry ingredients first!
Beat the egg separately then add just before the water. Don't mix it in until the water is added.
Add water and stir promptly or the gluten will bind to itself and form a rubber ball. Keep adding water until it becomes a pancake batter.

I pour it into a sandwich press, I have one that has sides... like a jaffle maker. I guess you could fry it as long as you went easy on the oil.

This contains 30gm protein just in the gluten, with the egg and milk it gets close to 40gm.

The kj total is under 1,300 for the whole batch, so adding a bit of butter and/or honey just tops it off nicely!

As a variation:

40gm Gluten
1 egg
18gm skim milk powder
1 teaspoon of Tumeric
Chili powder to taste
Sea salt to taste

Mix and make the same way and then use them as a BREAD substitute for a high protein salad sandwich!