• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Angry cyclists win train backflip

A

Ausmtbr

THE Victorian Government will spend $1 million on 20 new bicycle cages at railway stations as it moves to placate cyclists over its bungled ban on bikes on public transport.

Public Transport Minister Lynne Kosky today reversed the ban in an embarrassing backflip, following uproar from cyclists.

The bike ban was introduced on peak hour trains six weeks ago, but Ms Kosky later ordered a review when she learned her department had not adequately consulted on the changes.

Under the new arrangements, bikes will be allowed on all metropolitan and regional V/Line train services.

But they will be restricted to the last carriage while Connex works towards possibly modifying carriages to make them more cyclist friendly.

In a further win for cyclists, fold-up bikes will be allowed on all Melbourne trains, trams and buses from April 1.

The Government will also invest $1 million on 20 new bicycle cages at railway stations to reduce congestion on trains.

"Hindsight's always a wonderful thing and I think as a politician we need to be able to use hindsight to say maybe we didn't get it quite right and there's a way of moving forward," Ms Kosky said.

"I've been able to work with all of the cycling groups. I think what we have in place now is better than what we had prior to the ban being announced - much better."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23218167-1243,00.html#

Will be interesting to see how cyclists rights and responsibilities are made known to all commuters.

There was a huge fuss and a great deal of public awareness when the ban came in but I wonder if there will be an equally widespread public awareness campaign advising commuters about the changes