• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dht

This isn't so much for bodybuilding, but just a general thing.

My mate just got prescribed a drug that basically blocks DHT to help his balding. It's supposed to help him re-grow hair apparently.

Now I'm a bit worried because DHT is a derivative from Testosterone right?
So I'm not sure about the side effects for him. I've been reading up on it, but nothing seems to be very clear.

All the articles say it works, but they don't talk about how severe the side effects are or if they are permanent etc.

Surely blocking testosterone in a man is not good?

Does anyone use this stuff? or have they?

Are people on here balding?

Are there other methods to stop balding?

Dihydrotestosterone is the bad testosterone that men produce that causes acne or male boldness, enlargement of the prostate

Now if men produce too much Test it can take 2 pathways either it can turn into bad test which causes the above side effects or it can even convert into estrogen which is really bad.

What causes it could be a variety of things, bad eating, genetics, maybe not keeping in shape, steroids, or even too many test boosters. or the simple fact that some men produce too much Test , and without creating a need for it to work it takes a pathway that is not desirable.

I am assuming it's turning into bad test, but there is a more natural way of combating it there is a herb called {Saw Palmetto}

click on this link for in-depth information, many health food stores do stock this item it is not hard to get hands on it Finestride needs a prescription.

Saw Palmetto supplement herbal extract by Ray Sahelian, M.D. - benefit of saw palmetto, hair loss, prostate enlargement herb saw palmetto 320 mg

are there any bad effects of inhibiting conversion from T to DHT?
can lower DHT levels result in more E (read somewhere), and if so, is that a bad thing?
is it DHT and not T that triggers aggression?
If you have normal T and block DHT, what happens to T? what if your T is low or high to begin with?:confused:

Last edited: