• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training after a car crash

Some guy ran into me at the lights last week. Basically I have whiplash (the ligaments up my whole spine between the vertabrae and the surrounding muscles are strained).

It's more painful than I thought, but I'm coming good now. The doc said it can take MONTHS to recover properly.

He said i am fine to go back to weights though as long as I don't work the neck and I reduce the weight I'm lifting. But he said I cant surf or swim because it is too much strain on my neck.

What would you guys do? What sort of weights should I look at?
Should I be dropping back to 10 and 15kgs or something? Or just test it out until I feel pain? I'm a bit hesitant as I don't want to slow down the healing or make things worse. But I've been getting some great results lately so I want to keep it going.

The sensible thing to do is have a week or 2 weeks totally off but if it was me id just train if i was in the mood to. It depends on how you feel tho. The human body is stronger than people give it credit for.

You going for a compo claim.
If you are in pain and inconvenienced, you deserve to be compensated.

I'de see a Solicitor Pie, you are definately entitled some compo for on going pain. You do have pain in the neck don't you? ;)

Go for 10k min.
You don't know how long you will have these pains for.
Take his insurance Co. to court.

Nah look I'm not out to be a bludger like that. His insurance will cover the medical expenses and I will recover just fine.

I don't need to bleed anyone dry financially.

I'll earn my money the right way and feel content about it at the end of the day.

OR I could take him for all he's worth and buy all mu ausbb.com supporting online comrades a share... lol

It's your call.
However, if you don't make a claim now, and a year or so later you are having chronic pain, discomfort and disability, all as a result of this accident which was not your fault, you will regret it.

The damage may be worse than it seems.

It's not about being a bludger and a scammer.
You may have a geniune claim.

He doesn't pay anyway. His insurance company does. That's why you have insurance. He will lose his no claim bonus and probably have a premium hike.

You actually don't sue the person- the insurance companies sue each other.

I was a passenger in a car and hurt my knee which recovered. I got $40,000 (well, perhaps less after the lawyer took $$$ out).

Whiplash can be really serious and can leave you with permanent damage. I would definitely see a solicitor, and make sure you have records of any doctors you have visited. If an ambulance attended the scene, even better (an ambulance did not attend the scene where I was, but the towtruck driver gave me a lawyer's card (must have got some compensation for that)).